Identify Regarding Books A Place to Call Home
| Title | : | A Place to Call Home |
| Author | : | Deborah Smith |
| Book Format | : | Mass Market Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 415 pages |
| Published | : | May 4th 1998 by Bantam (first published 1997) |
| Categories | : | Romance. Contemporary Romance. Contemporary. Fiction. Womens Fiction. Chick Lit |
Deborah Smith
Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 415 pages Rating: 4.06 | 2662 Users | 274 Reviews
Explanation Concering Books A Place to Call Home
Twenty years ago, Claire Maloney was the willful, pampered, tomboyish daughter of the town's most respected family, but that didn't stop her from befriending Roan Sullivan, a fierce, motherless boy who lived in a rusted-out trailer amid junked cars. No one in Dunderry, Georgia--least of all Claire's family--could understand the bond between these two mavericks. But Roan and Claire belonged together...until the dark afternoon when violence and terror overtook them, and Roan disappeared from Claire's life. Now, two decades later, Claire is adrift, and the Maloneys are still hoping the past can be buried under the rich Southern soil. But Roan Sullivan is about to walk back into their lives....By turns tender and sexy and heartbreaking and exuberant, A Place to Call Home is an enthralling journey between two hearts--and a deliciously original novel from one of the most imaginative and appealing new voices in Southern fiction.

Define Books Supposing A Place to Call Home
| Original Title: | A Place to Call Home |
| ISBN: | 0553578138 (ISBN13: 9780553578133) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Rating Regarding Books A Place to Call Home
Ratings: 4.06 From 2662 Users | 274 ReviewsEvaluate Regarding Books A Place to Call Home
QUIT COMPARING THIS TO _SWEET GUM TREE._I swear. So many reviewers are holding this book in disdainful comparison to Allred's novel, yet no one seems to note that Smith's version came out almost a decade before _Sweet Gum Tree_. I won't say that Allred ripped Smith off, but I'll say that I'm pretty miffed at everyone acting like Smith's book is the carbon copy of Allred's. I think she's an amazing storyteller (no, I don't know her personally) but I have yet to meet any novelist who is able toThis book was a lovely, complex read. It is hard for me to find romance stories that I can actually get past the first couple of pages; for every one I pick up, I've put down ten others. Nevertheless, I really enjoy the good ones so I keep looking for those jewels among the dross. Deborah Smith's novel "A Place To Call Home" was everything I look for in this type of book: a rich, intelligently developed plot peopled with characters who are not only interesting but don't do ridiculous things
I randomly picked up this book at the library and I loved it. I was so drawn to both Claire and Roan's character from the very beginning as I saw their relationship throughout their childhood to adulthood. The first part of the book was so captivating and emotional. I couldn't put it down. Claire is so determined to help save Roanie Sullivan, despite his unfortunate luck of being born into the wrong family. The two of them are young children and share the kind of love that is unique between the

This was a sprawling, Southern, spitfire of an epic and I loved every witticism, foxglove petal, and scandal within it. A tale that explores family and friendship, with one of the best love stories I've ever read. I admired how real it was - the dialogue, the shame, the yearning - and how the story went beyond the romance and HEA to explore loose ends and give everyone their moment. Lots of metaphor and symbolism and gorgeous description, and class discrimination. In many ways, it echoed "To
Actual Rating 2.5 THIS IS A RANTI read this book on a hunch really (I am not even sure if that's the right way to put it) and honestly it just didn't pan out. I just wanted a little light/fun romance to balance out the other 4 books I was reading at the moment. So there are two parts to the book, the first part-the past and the second-the present. The past was perfect. I really thought I was on to something and that I had made a good choice when I decided to read the book. The portrayal of this
What a beautiful and moving story. It reminded me of sweet gum tree, I would definitely recommend. :)
I tend to gravitate toward romantic comedy which often requires a bit more suspension of disbelief. This book is more "real world" but it's a romance nonetheless.I loved the first half of the book, most of which takes place when Claire is nine. Her viewpoint is so consistent with a child her age that it's awesome, but part of what makes it so good, I think, is knowing that the story will finish with the characters as adults. I love the message of the book as well that one person can change the


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.