Itemize Of Books Desolate Angel (Dead Detective #1)
| Title | : | Desolate Angel (Dead Detective #1) |
| Author | : | Chaz McGee |
| Book Format | : | Mass Market Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 298 pages |
| Published | : | July 7th 2009 by Berkley Prime Crime (first published May 20th 2009) |
| Categories | : | Mystery. Fantasy. Paranormal. Fiction. Cozy Mystery |

Chaz McGee
Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 298 pages Rating: 3.77 | 386 Users | 76 Reviews
Interpretation Conducive To Books Desolate Angel (Dead Detective #1)
He was once a second-rate cop, a mediocre husband, and an absent father. But ever since he was killed in a drug bust gone bad, Kevin fahey's been a lost soul in limbo, searching for a way out of his solitude and hoping for redemption. Now he'll have to prove to be a better ghost than he ever was as a man....After I died, I wandered my town, unseen, alone, and wondering why I'd been sentenced to linger in this world. Then Alissa, the victim in a long-ago murder case I'd worked, came to me. She led me to a body sprawled in the weeds, and the terrible truth dawned on me: I'd let Alissa's real killer escape. I'd imprisoned an innocent man - and now another young girl was dead.
I know my redemption lies in righting this wrong. And the only way I can do that is to somehow forge a connection with my replacement on the force, Maggie Gunn. Now I'm haunted by the fear that dragging Maggie into this may turn out to be the biggest mistake of my afterlife....
Specify Books In Pursuance Of Desolate Angel (Dead Detective #1)
| Original Title: | Desolate Angel (A Dead Detective Mystery) |
| ISBN: | 0425228738 (ISBN13: 9780425228739) |
| Edition Language: | English URL http://www.katymunger.com/ |
| Series: | Dead Detective #1 |
| Characters: | Kevin Fahey, Maggie Gunn |
Rating Of Books Desolate Angel (Dead Detective #1)
Ratings: 3.77 From 386 Users | 76 ReviewsCrit Of Books Desolate Angel (Dead Detective #1)
An absolutely wonderful story of a troubled cop who becomes an usually guardian angel. Love it cannot wait to begin book 2.I like some "woo woo" with my mysteries and this book did not disappoint. It's an interesting twist...a broken-down, drunken detective is killed and finds himself in a kind of limbo here on earth. He comes upon the victim of a murder he thought he solved, only to learn the wrong man is in prison and the real killer has taken another life. Kevin Fahey's not that likeable at first (not much of a parent, cop or even human being in life), but his quest for some kind of redemption finally touched me
An alcoholic detective is shot in the line of duty and becomes a ghost. He is approached by the ghost of a girl from one of his former cases and he realizes that he must help the new detective catch a killer to make amends for the sloppy work he did in his previous life.An entertaining read and seems to be the start of a new series.

Well written, interesting concept and I will read more in this series.
This book was better than I expected. I thought it might be a light read, perhaps a little comical. Instead it explored the meaning of life and love and what it means to be human and connected to others. The author explored the nature of evil and its lust to destroy innocence and savor fear without being salacious. He had me dreading the next page at the same moment I was eager to read on, wondering if the monster would claim another victim before he was caught. I felt such sympathy for the lost
This book was one heck of a read. Nothing cozy about it although you would think it was from the cover blurb and picture.This book is for a person who likes psychological thrillers/murders. This book is for a person that enjoys deep thinking and emotions. This book should be read by persons of faith and those that applaud justice. This book was superb. To say more would be a mistake as each reader will receive a powerful message from it.
DNF; not for me. Really weird. Just not for me.


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.