Sunday, July 12, 2020

Books The Fountains of Paradise Online Free Download

Mention Epithetical Books The Fountains of Paradise

Title:The Fountains of Paradise
Author:Arthur C. Clarke
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 352 pages
Published:September 1st 2001 by Aspect (first published 1979)
Categories:Science Fiction. Fiction. Hugo Awards. Classics. Science Fiction Fantasy. Space. Fantasy
Books The Fountains of Paradise  Online Free Download
The Fountains of Paradise Paperback | Pages: 352 pages
Rating: 3.96 | 25150 Users | 637 Reviews

Narration Toward Books The Fountains of Paradise

First published in 1979, Fountains of Paradise is one of Grandmaster Sir Arthur C. Clarke’s later books, but in its themes and style is reminiscent of some of his best work.

Telling the story of an elevator into space, this also describes a flashback related story thousands of years earlier as a Sri Lankan king builds a palace high on the mountain top. Both celestial projects stretch the limits of human achievement and engineering ability and Clarke’s unique talent ties the two stories together.

Much of the narrative is devoted to explanations of the problems and obstacles to overcome for such a marvel of technology and engineering. Clarke also sets this in the near future and describes other preeminent projects like a bridge across Gibraltar. Essentially, this is a filament tether connecting the mountain top to an orbiting satellite and we can easily transport people and supplies hundreds of kilometers into low space. Clarke’s scientific imagination and vision are again on exhibition. This one also features better characterization than what we usually expect from him.

Recalling his other works Rendezvous with Rama and Childhood's End, this also made me think of Poul Anderson’s 1983 publication Orion Shall Rise.

Good SF, this won both the Hugo and Nebula.

description

List Books Supposing The Fountains of Paradise

Original Title: The Fountains of Paradise
ISBN: 0446677949 (ISBN13: 9780446677943)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Vannevar Morgan
Setting: Sri Lanka
Literary Awards: Hugo Award for Best Novel (1980), Nebula Award for Best Novel (1979), Locus Award Nominee for Best SF Novel (1980)


Rating Epithetical Books The Fountains of Paradise
Ratings: 3.96 From 25150 Users | 637 Reviews

Criticize Epithetical Books The Fountains of Paradise
There are some great authors I am just never going to love, and Arthur C. Clarke is one of them. This Hugo-winning 1979 novel helped popularize the "space elevator" that has been reused many times in science fiction (though I don't think Clarke actually invented the idea). Last I heard, an actual space elevator is still considered to be barely more feasible than a generation ship - something we might theoretically be capable of building, but with any foreseeable technology, completely

ORIGINALLY POSTED AT Fantasy Literature.The latest scheme dreamed up by Dr. Vannevar Morgan, a materials engineer, is either pure genius or pure crackpot: He wants to build an elevator to space. He's discovered a new material that he thinks is strong enough to withstand the gravitational and climatic forces that would act on such a structure and he's found the only place on Earth where it's possible to achieve his dream: the top of the mountain Sri Kanda on the equatorial island of Taprobane

This is a story of how a futuristic, modern wonder of the world came into being. Of how political, religious, technical and sometimes life threatening problems were overcome in order to make one man's dream happen.Arthur C. Clarke is a kind of luke warm author for me. I've never read anything of his that has set me on fire but I haven't hated anything either. This book is no exception. At times I felt quite engaged and at others I felt like I wish it would just get on with it.I'm coming to the

Vannevar Morgan, the Chief Engineer of the Terran Construction Corporation, dreams of building a bridge that links Earth to the stars. The space elevator is preferable over rocket travel because it is less expensive and less damaging to the environment. A mountain on the island of Taprobane is the only location capable of holding the elevator, and that location is currently inhabited by Buddhist monks that have no desire to leave. Morgan must convince or coerce the monks to leave in order to

This was a boring book. Solid, as far as the story and writing goes, yes, which is why the 3 stars and not 2. (Although if were really honest, its more like a 2.5 stars). Boring nonetheless. Phew. With that off my chest, I can now attempt to coherently talk about the rest of it. Hindsight is 20/20, and now I feel that this is probably not the best book to start discovering Arthur C. Clarke. Yes, I am saying I have not read anything by him before. Space Odyssey or RAMA books might have been a

"There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is goldAnd she's buying a stairway to heaven" Hmm... not an entirely appropriate Led Zep reference I suppose but I got to start the review somewhere, and the phrase "Stairway to heaven" does appear in the book, but regrettably not the guitar solo.It is quite often pleasant to go into a book without knowing anything about it. Not exactly the case with this one, I knew it is about space elevators, it's not exactly an obscure book by an unknown author

Embarrassing enough, this book is what inspired me to persure engineering. It's a fun story of an engineer's attempts to "elevate" humanity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.