Itemize Books Toward Foundling (Monster Blood Tattoo #1)
| Original Title: | Monster Blood Tattoo: Foundling |
| ISBN: | 039924638X (ISBN13: 9780399246388) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Monster Blood Tattoo #1, Terre des monstres / Monster Blood Tattoo #1 |
| Literary Awards: | Aurealis Award for Young Adult Novel (2006) |
D.M. Cornish
Hardcover | Pages: 434 pages Rating: 3.89 | 7460 Users | 695 Reviews
Explanation Conducive To Books Foundling (Monster Blood Tattoo #1)
Set in the world of the Half-Continent—a land of tri-corner hats and flintlock pistols—the Monster Blood Tattoo trilogy is a world of predatory monsters, chemical potions and surgically altered people. Foundling begins the journey of Rossamund, a boy with a girl’s name, who is just about to begin a dangerous life in the service of the Emperor. What starts as a simple journey is threatened by encounters with monsters—and people, who may be worse. Learning who to trust and who to fear is neither easy nor without its perils, and Rossamund must choose his path carefully.Complete with appendices, maps, illustrations, and a glossary, Monster Blood Tattoo grabs readers from the first sentence and immerses them in an entirely original fantasy world with its own language and lore.

Declare Regarding Books Foundling (Monster Blood Tattoo #1)
| Title | : | Foundling (Monster Blood Tattoo #1) |
| Author | : | D.M. Cornish |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 434 pages |
| Published | : | May 18th 2006 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Young Adult. Science Fiction. Steampunk. Fiction |
Rating Regarding Books Foundling (Monster Blood Tattoo #1)
Ratings: 3.89 From 7460 Users | 695 ReviewsJudge Regarding Books Foundling (Monster Blood Tattoo #1)
This is a re-read, as I've been reading the series aloud to my youngest son, who adores all things large, scary and monstrous. The story meanders around a bit at first (rather like its boy hero, in fact!), and the prose can be unnecessarily florid and at times nearly opaque in its lavish use of invented vocabulary. But I've said, and I'll stand by my assertion, that D.M. Cornish is the most comprehensive and immersive world-builder since Tolkien.He's also created a fantastic array of distinct2.80I messed up with this book.Usually when I know I'm going to give up on a book I get ready to search how it ends because although I don't want to spend anymore time reading it, sometimes I still want to know (quickly) how everything turned out. Well, for this one, before I even decided fully I wanted to stop reading It I had already found myself reading the summary of the book.. Whoops. I guess subconsciously I did end up deciding.I at least gave it until 1/3 of the way through! (By the way,
I absolutely love the world creation and the effort that has gone into making this book such an immersive and complete experience for the reader.

.....yeah, I gave it 5 stars, huh. Sort of surprised me to.I didn't go into this expecting a 5 star read. For a while I was even very annoyed with the main character...Rossamünd Bookchild, the boy with the girl's name. (I don't want to spoil the book for anyone especially as I think it's an excellent read, really a great read). Anyway, for a while I was so annoyed with the kid I wanted to slap him up-side the head and say, "think"!But then I took a deep breath...calmed myself and thought, "how
This is what "young adult" fiction should be, by all rights. The vocabulary was rich and liberally sprinkled with neologisms that tickled my etymologist's fancy, and the writing was lucid and flowing, keeping me involved with ease.I was particularly enchanted by the world details that slipped into place; the complex, quasi-magical chemistry; the "vinegar seas" whose acidic waters gave sailors their rugged, pit-faced appearance; the boats powered by "gastrines," basically vat-grown muscles in
Reviewed by K. Osborn Sullivan for TeensReadToo.comMONSTER BLOOD TATTOO is an unusual book. Even before I delved into it, I was struck by some of the ways that it's different from other young adult fantasy novels. For one thing, more than a quarter of the book is taken up with an extensive glossary and other appendices. It is also sprinkled with art - typically sketches of characters in the novel. So even before reading a word of the story, I was curious. Surely such an unusual book would be


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.