Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Books Life Is Short But Wide Online Download Free

Books Life Is Short But Wide  Online Download Free
Life Is Short But Wide Hardcover | Pages: 336 pages
Rating: 3.97 | 1710 Users | 199 Reviews

Declare Out Of Books Life Is Short But Wide

Title:Life Is Short But Wide
Author:J. California Cooper
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 336 pages
Published:March 24th 2009 by Doubleday
Categories:Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Cultural. African American. Family

Explanation To Books Life Is Short But Wide

Beloved writer J. California Cooper has won a legion of loyal fans and much critical acclaim for her powerful storytelling gifts. In language both spare and direct yet wondrously lyrical, LIFE IS SHORT BUT WIDE is an irresistible story of family that proves no matter who you are or what you do, you are never too old to chase your dreams.
Like the small towns J. California Cooper has so vividly portrayed in her previous novels and story collections, Wideland, Oklahoma, is home to ordinary Americans struggling to raise families, eke out a living, and fulfill their dreams. In the early twentieth century, Irene and Val fall in love in Wideland. While carving out a home for themselves, they also allow neighbors Bertha and Joseph to build a house and live on their land. The next generation brings two girls for Irene and Val, and a daughter for Bertha and Joseph. As the families cope with the hardships that come with changing times and fortunes, and people are born and pass away, the characters learn the importance of living one’s life boldly and squeezing out every possible moment of joy.
Cooper brilliantly captures the cadences of the South and draws a picture of American life at once down-to-earth and heartwarming in this-as her wise narrator will tell you-“strange, sad, kind’a beautiful, life story.” It is a story about love that leads to the ultimate realization that whoever you are, and whatever you do, life is short, but it is also wide.

Present Books Supposing Life Is Short But Wide

Original Title: Life Is Short but Wide
ISBN: 0385511345 (ISBN13: 9780385511346)
Edition Language: English
Setting: Oklahoma(United States)

Rating Out Of Books Life Is Short But Wide
Ratings: 3.97 From 1710 Users | 199 Reviews

Criticize Out Of Books Life Is Short But Wide
Another great book by J. California Cooper. If you're of fan of JCC, then I would highly recommend reading and/or listening to this audio book.

Author J. California Cooper takes us to Wideland, Oklahoma to chronicle the lives, loves, and losses of two families in her latest offering entitled, Life Is Short But Wide. A 91 year-old narrates the story and immediately espouses Cooper's signature edicts of loving life, yourself, one another, and God. The "do right," work hard, save money, importance of education, etc. lessons are also overtly and repeatedly layered in the stories of Val and Irene, Joseph and Bertha, and their children. Their



shelfnotes.comJanuary 10, 2014Dear Reader,This was an another audiobook find that I stumbled across on my local library's Overdrive site. I don't know that I would have come across it otherwise, but I am glad I did - and that I gave it a fair shake, because it almost immediately turned me off with religious talk: I thought it might not be my kind of book. But, ultimately, the God talk was pretty limited, and did all work with the theme and feel of the book, so I am glad I stuck with it. Cooper

This was an interesting story. I liked the style in which the story was told. I felt that there was a lot of sadness, loss and grief in this story, but the happy ending made the story worthwhile. I liked the fact that the story had a nice theme of love, family & friendship. It helped to balance out the sadness and misfortune.I liked that the setting of this story was in Oklahoma. I lived there for almost ten years. I finally moved to another state in 2009. Like some of the characters in the

written from the perspective of the poor black community beginning in the 1930's on, this is the story of one family "just livin'". wonderful vocabulary and cadence bring you into the heart of their experiences; their heartbreaks and victories, their loves and losses. I say read it to open your mind and heart to a world most of us will never know.

All the characters in this book have hard lives. It follows several generations in a family. They work hard to try to survive and are often did wrong. They try to always do what's right and keep God in mind. It covers several family relationships and romances. You see several characters from childhood to death. Some die from old age. Others die too soon. Basically, I think the point is just how difficult yet fulfilling life can be and also maintain your faith.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.