Present Out Of Books Lady of Milkweed Manor
| Title | : | Lady of Milkweed Manor |
| Author | : | Julie Klassen |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 411 pages |
| Published | : | January 1st 2008 by Bethany House (first published 2007) |
| Categories | : | Historical. Historical Fiction. Christian Fiction. Romance. Regency. Christian. Fiction |

Julie Klassen
Paperback | Pages: 411 pages Rating: 3.89 | 7950 Users | 829 Reviews
Interpretation As Books Lady of Milkweed Manor
As Charlotte drew closer to the looming grey edifice that was to become her temporary home, she could not help but notice the secretive shuttered windows. Then she noticed the milkweeds... Even a proper vicar's daughter can make a mistake...and now Charlotte Lamb must pay a high price for her fall. To avoid the prying eyes of all who know her, she hides herself away in London's forbidding "Milkweed Manor," a place of mystery and lore, of old secrets and new birth. But once there, she comes face-to-face with a suitor from her past—a man who now hides secrets of his own. Both are determined, with God's help, to protect those they love. But neither can imagine the depth of sacrifice that will be required. Sprinkled with fascinating details about the lives of women in Regency England, Lady of Milkweed Manor is a moving romantic drama about the redemption of past failings and the beauty of sacrificial love.Particularize Books Supposing Lady of Milkweed Manor
| Original Title: | Lady of Milkweed Manor |
| ISBN: | 0764204793 (ISBN13: 9780764204791) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Literary Awards: | Christy Award Nominee for Historical (2008) |
Rating Out Of Books Lady of Milkweed Manor
Ratings: 3.89 From 7950 Users | 829 ReviewsRate Out Of Books Lady of Milkweed Manor
Lady of Milkweed Manor was very informative, well-written, and seemingly well researched. I love to read a book where the author knows exactly what everything was like in the time she/he is writing about.It was also a very bittersweet story, filled with twists and turns, happiness and agony, mistakes and good deeds.Julie Klassen weaves an amazing story in Lady of Milkweed Manor- not the everyday book. I absolutely recommend it.Originally published hereHighly recommended! Lady of Milkweed Manor is probably one of the most bittersweet Christian romances I've ever read. It's one of those novels that make me feel so sorry for the main character that I shed a few tears...and then shed a few more when she has a happy ending.I appreciate how Klassen brings an appropriate setting to the story by including lots of relevant historical detail. Many times, slapping a label of "Regency England" on a novel without research (that
Lady of Milkweed Manor was a good read, though not my favorite Klassen book. Charlotte made a mistake & ends up having to leave home. Her father is very stern & unforgiving. Her sister is very condemning as well & treats her with cold disdain. For her sister, it was all about self, how it would reflect on her. She had no thought for what Charlotte was going through. Aunt Tilney wants to stay in contact, but Charlotte's father has forbidden it. (I have to say, I don't see why she

A very nice tale by Ms. Klassen. Though not one of my favorite of hers, it is still a fun read with a good lesson at its core. I feel like the lesson was a little too brushed over perhaps, but everyone likes a happy ending, certainly me, and I wouldnt have wanted to change that. I dont know, there was something about Ms. Lambs situation that irritated me, and I cant quite put a finger on it well enough to put it into words. One scene that did stand out to me in particular was the closing scene
I think I have a new favorite author...I'm more than halfway through her published books and haven't found a dud yet. This one was so interesting and unusual and well written that I stayed up way late (3 am) to read the whole thing in one sitting. One of the best things about Klassen's books (other than the excellent stories, characters, and writing) is the romance. It isn't all touchy-feely-overmuch-desire-y. The characters act like grown-ups and figure out how to communicate with each other in
Im totally speechless of how brilliant this book is. It left me with my mouth open, after making me gasp, cheer and almost cry throughout its pages, and makes me want to say to all those writers out there, this is how you write a historical novel. Julie Klassen takes the best from both historical romance and fiction, and blends it together to create these wonderful novels that keep you up at night, needing to know what will happen next. Shes definitely one of the best authors Ive ever read, and


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.