Details Books In Pursuance Of The Other Side of the Story
| Original Title: | The Other Side of the Story |
| ISBN: | 0060731486 (ISBN13: 9780060731489) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Lily Wright, Jojo Harvey, Gemma Hogan |
| Setting: | London, England(United Kingdom) Dublin(Ireland) |
Marian Keyes
Paperback | Pages: 528 pages Rating: 3.79 | 39689 Users | 1047 Reviews

Declare Regarding Books The Other Side of the Story
| Title | : | The Other Side of the Story |
| Author | : | Marian Keyes |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 528 pages |
| Published | : | February 5th 2008 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published 2004) |
| Categories | : | Womens Fiction. Chick Lit. Fiction. Romance. Contemporary |
Chronicle Concering Books The Other Side of the Story
Jojo Harvey is a dead ringer for Jessica Rabbit and the most ferocious literary agent in town. A former NYPD cop, she now lives in London making million-dollar book deals while trying to make partner at her firm . . . all the while sleeping with the boss man.Lily Wright is an author who believes in karma, and is waiting for the sky to fall after stealing her former best friend's man. Though her first book failed to sell, her life turns upside down when her most recent book becomes a huge bestseller.
Gemma Hogan is an event designer extraordinaire, but her personal life is nonexistent after losing the love of her life and her best friend in one fell swoop. To make matters worse, her father has just left her mother. While taking care of her mother, she e-mails a close colleague about her frustrations, who in turn forwards the hilarious e-mails to a famous literary agent named Jojo Harvey, who just happens to represent her former friend, now enemy, Lily Wright. . . .
Written in the charming and chatty voice that has become Marian Keyes's signature style, this hilarious and heartwarming novel proves there are three sides to every story . . . especially in the world of publishing!
Rating Regarding Books The Other Side of the Story
Ratings: 3.79 From 39689 Users | 1047 ReviewsCriticize Regarding Books The Other Side of the Story
First off, this is the first Marian Keyes that I've read in a long time, and I love her style. She's warm and witty and there are moments of such complete identification I either smiled or hurt when I read them. The Dublin/London setting charms me, too. (This is the only novel I've ever read with characters named Aoife and Manoj.)It's about three 30-something women: Gemma, Lily and JoJo. Brunette Gemma is an event planner whose life is upended when her father leaves her mother for another woman,I'm rather enjoying listening to this book as I drive to work and home each day, although I do find myself talking in a strange Irish accent :)
I do so enjoy Marian Keyes' books; they're thick and full of real people and a combination of everyday and extraordinary circumstances, and I am always at least curious about how things will come out, if not actively caring. This one involved three protagonists, and the bookjacket blurb drew a few links between them, and I expected there to be a big encounter between the three of them, but they seemed never to be in the same room at the same time. It read like three books loosely knitted

I liked this book better than I had expected. I very rarely read 'chick lit', but it can be nice to relax with, something cozy and mindless (meant in the best way!). I really liked Jojo, I loved how she lived in a very grey area - she was having an affair with a married man, but she felt so guilty and couldn't bear to be the cause of a broken home. Gemma seemed really immature for her age, and her whole writing thing really bugged me. The story she wrote sounded crap and it didn't seem fair to
This book was very disappointing. Its the first book Ive read for Marian Keyes and I picked it up because of the excellent reviews it got. I honestly dont get it! It was supposed to be a story of three ladies whose lives are connected through the publishing world; a publishing agent and two authors who happen to be two ex-best friends (obviously because of a Guy DAAHHHH). The idea is that we would normally judge these women based on the less than honorable decisions they have made but that there
Im currently re-reading The Other Side of the Story. Previously I had rated it four stars, but I had to change it to three stars. I dont know how I missed this before - but the characters are really frustrating. I often say that there doesnt have to be a hero/ine and not all the characters have to be likeable (in fact, I quite like controversial characters), but these characters are just annoying. Gemma is mean, Lily comes across as weak, and Jojo is a cheat (although shes still my favourite out
What a welcome respite from the heaviness Ive seemed to be reading lately. This is a not-quite-chic-lit book, and the characters, what characters they are! This is my first experience with Marian Keyes, and I have to read more. This particular novel takes place in Ireland and London (as I suppose most of her work does), and I loved reading all the English and Irish slang. She created some wonderful characters, male and female, all ages. My favorite character in this book was the 2-year old Ema,


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.