Sunday, July 12, 2020

Download Books Online A Magic of Twilight (The Nessantico Cycle #1)

Itemize Books During A Magic of Twilight (The Nessantico Cycle #1)

Original Title: A Magic of Twilight
ISBN: 0756404665 (ISBN13: 9780756404666)
Edition Language: English
Series: The Nessantico Cycle #1
Download Books Online A Magic of Twilight (The Nessantico Cycle #1)
A Magic of Twilight (The Nessantico Cycle #1) Hardcover | Pages: 546 pages
Rating: 3.51 | 540 Users | 42 Reviews

Chronicle As Books A Magic of Twilight (The Nessantico Cycle #1)

A masterwork of fantasy, The Nessantico Cycle is the epic tale of an empire at its height, yet poised on the brink of what could be a devastating descent into ruin. Told from the viewpoints of numerous characters, it is a sweeping saga of murder and magic (portrayed both as a powerful religion and a forbidden art), of deception and betrayal, of Machiavellian politics, star-crossed lovers, and a realm facing war on every front.

The opening novel in an intricate and spellbinding fantasy series. "One of the rising stars of Celtic fantasy."

Be Specific About Appertaining To Books A Magic of Twilight (The Nessantico Cycle #1)

Title:A Magic of Twilight (The Nessantico Cycle #1)
Author:S.L. Farrell
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 546 pages
Published:February 5th 2008 by DAW Hardcover
Categories:Fantasy. Fiction. Epic Fantasy. Science Fiction Fantasy. High Fantasy

Rating Appertaining To Books A Magic of Twilight (The Nessantico Cycle #1)
Ratings: 3.51 From 540 Users | 42 Reviews

Assess Appertaining To Books A Magic of Twilight (The Nessantico Cycle #1)
Excellent start to an epic trilogy about faith, magic, power set in an intriguing Italian like decadent city Nessantico that rules an empire on the point of collapse. The book takes a while to get into, but there is a detailed glossary that helps ease the transition into the familiar and yet strange world of Nessantico, and then it follows a fairly conventional fantasy plot, though with no side that can be said it's "right". The pages turn by themselves and the book flows very smoothly, so it's

With a little bit of everything, A Magic of Twilight is a good book, but not as good as a George R. R. Martin's book. Some parts of the story ended up being too predictive, but I enjoyed the end, and due to that I plan on reading the next. Full of magic, war, faith and treason, it is an interesting book, not perfect, but still a good read, to which I give four stars.

That was a very intriguing reading. I believe that this first book serves as a world-building to set the stage for something much bigger. So in this first volume we get to know a lot of characters from different levels of the Nessantic's society. Every main character has its own chapter and POV, in a very similar way to A Song of Ice and Fire. At first it may be a bit complicated to learn some of the new vocabulary that the writer introduces, as well as all the ca's, ci's and cu's titles, but as

I have one phrase for this book: Fantasy Word Salad. Im sure theres a more traditional term for the phenomenon, as its ridiculously common in fantasy, but if there is, its slipped my mind. All you need to know is that this is one of those books that has new words for almost everything and it is completely overwhelming. In addition to all the relevant titles and locations one needs to absorb, the naming conventions of the nobility (all their names start with cu, ca, or ci) made it so I was

A Magic of Twilight by S L FarrellBook 1 of the Nessantico CyclePublished by DAW BooksPublished February 2008ISBN: 9780756404666624 pagesYou know, theres an essay to be written somewhere about the influence of history on Fantasy writers. Its influence is often rather clear. The usual template is the medieval model, with the societal trimmings and hierarchy throughout many Fantasy classics. Examples are too numerous to count.For many, however, it is the influence of the Roman society that

I'm usually wary of new series, especially when they're not yet complete, but I gave this one a try and I'm glad I did. After some initial getting used to the world and the language, I found this story and these characters compelling. I liked the way it was told through the different characters, giving all sides of the story. I'm looking forward to the next installment!

A Magic Of Twilight (not to be confused with sparkly vampires) is the first book in S. L. Farrell's Nessantico Cycle. I suppose that the series' name should have been the first clue of what I was in for. The second should have been that the cover quote was from George R. R. Martin.The book opens with what is no doubt intended to be an enticing insight into the world of Nessantico, but the plethora of pseudo-Italian for names, terms, everything had me frustrated before the end of the first page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.