Mention Books Supposing Dolce sacrificio
| Original Title: | Lord of Danger |
| Edition Language: | Italian |
| Characters: | Simon Holt, Alys, Claire Amadeus, Thomas du Rhaymer, Richard de Lancie |
Anne Stuart
Paperback | Pages: 312 pages Rating: 3.78 | 1497 Users | 106 Reviews

Declare About Books Dolce sacrificio
| Title | : | Dolce sacrificio |
| Author | : | Anne Stuart |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 312 pages |
| Published | : | April 5th 2013 by Mondadori, I Romanzi Mondadori Emozioni 13 (first published July 1st 1997) |
| Categories | : | Romance. Historical Romance. Historical. Medieval. Historical Fiction. Medieval Romance |
Description During Books Dolce sacrificio
Inghilterra, medioevoIl perfido lord Richard ha deciso che una delle sue sorellastre, la dolce Alys o la bellissima Claire, vada in sposa all’enigmatico consigliere e mago Simon de Navarre. E Alys non ha dubbi: sarà lei a sacrificarsi. Ex crociato, Simon ha appreso in Oriente l’uso delle arti magiche, a cui fa ricorso per convincere Richard di essergli indispensabile nella scalata al potere. Uomo ferito nel corpo e nell’anima, a sua volta cinico e ambizioso, Simon non crede nella speranza né nei sentimenti finché non si scopre intrigato dall’intelligenza e dalla passione di Alys. Che, seppur inizialmente spaventata, percepisce dietro un’apparenza poco invitante un uomo straordinario, e a poco a poco se ne innamora. Ma entrambi sono solo pedine nell’ignobile complotto di Richard…
Rating About Books Dolce sacrificio
Ratings: 3.78 From 1497 Users | 106 ReviewsRate About Books Dolce sacrificio
Started off promising enough, but suddenly devolved into not-so-good. This is in need of some serious editing (for instance, a character hastily jumps up in his haste, and then a few sentences later, our heroine does something hastily as well). Don't tell me who a character is, show me. This is not written in a way that builds suspense or tension, which makes for an uninteresting romance in my opinion. This book also has a secondary romance story, which was already boring and taking away tooIn a nutshell: Simon of Navarre, commonly called Grendel, is a feared wizard pledged to serve Richard the Fair. Richard decides to give his pet wizard one of his sisters in marriage to keep him loyal. When given the choice between the pretty, silly one or the plain, clever one, Simon chooses the latter. Alys is, at first, as afraid of Simon as the next person but her fear gradually lessens as she gets to know him and realizes he is nothing more than a man.My opinion: Very nicely done. Simon is a
re-read July 2015Even better on the second go. I remember enjoying this book when I first read it in October of 2009, but I didn't remember it being as.... romantic, for lack of a better term. Yes, our hero is as dangerous and somewhat lax in the morals department as you'd expect from Anne Stuart, but on the second read, he was also far more enamored with our heroine much sooner than I think I am used to in her stories. This is by no means a negative point, and I think that it has definitely

There were a couple funny scenes and dialogue, but, for the most part, I was extremely indifferent to this book. The biggest problem I had was with the romance. Because the author decided to put an equal focus on the main couple as well as the secondary romance with the other sister, it seemed like neither relationship was given enough page time to be well developed. It was like reading a book that had two heroines and two love interests. I just wished the author had picked one or the other and
" You will be my wife, he said. You will have no secrets. Will you? It was an outrageous question, and another man would have beaten her for it. But Simon, avowed monster that he was, merely smiled. Always, Lady Alys, he murmured. Always."----------------------------------" She looked at him sternly, but he seemed totally unmoved by her disapproval. I weep for you, my lord, she said. Weep for yourself, my lady. Youll be shackled to me for life. Ah, but youre forgetting, she said blithely, I
I am a huge Anne Stuart fan, so perhaps I am biased, but this is a great book! Stuart has the ability to create the most interesting, dark, memorable, and unlikely of hero's (and make you love em'!) Again she is the master of this in Lord of Danger. Simon of Navarre is a wizard of sorts and advisor to the evil Richard the Fair. He has Richard's trust, his ear, and now will wed one of his half sisters in order to solidify his place (and purse) in Richard's court. One of Richard's sister's is
So I think Anne Stuart likes to write heroes who seem beyond the realm of redemption. Her heroines are intelligent, but they lack the worldliness that the hero takes great, great pleasure in opening her eyes to. Sometimes it's the hero that ends up being saved. All in all, I liked this book very much. Simon of Navarre - still a grand mystery as he rides off in the night with his Lady Alys... never to be seen again.


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.