Predator's Gold (Mortal Engines Quartet #2) 
I won't say too much specifically about the story as it could end up spoiling the first book as well. I will say, though, that I figured it would just be more of the same as the first book. However, the author managed to take this specific steampunk universe he created and find new, unique ways to entertain the reader. I was very satisfied and it makes me more excited to get to book 3 than I originally was to get to book 2.
I am very sorry that the first movie didn't fare too well because I feel like this book could have served as the basis for one heck of an awesome sequel. This was even more obvious to me in that I couldn't help but try and picture what it would be like on the big screen. But, *sigh*, I will likely have to just settle for the movies in my head.
Steampunk fantasy fans - read this series!
Will continue to read, so far so good.
Meh. It wasn't as provoking and symbolic and novel as the first part. I probably won't continue with this series.

1.5* Just like the first novel in this series, there is some good in its sequel. World building is, once again, where this book excels. Cities are turned into animals and they compete for survival as predators, prey, scavengers and parasites. This sequel has the same problems as the first book. Again characters fall short as underdeveloped and flat. And god forbid that anyone who reads these books forgets that the heroin is ugly. The author sure doesnt want you to forget that the only factor
The second Hungry Cities book is the same sort of fun as the first, albeit with those dark moments of violence and horror (like horrible deaths, or people being unpleasant). It still follows Hester and Tom, but theyve grown up a bit, and they have a place in the world as aviators. That is, until Pennyroyal comes aboard and spoils everything.Realistic, and sad, is the portrayal of Hester being so afraid to lose Tom. She doesnt believe anyone else will see past her scarred face to who she really
Predators Gold takes the action of Mortal Engines this time to the polar Ice Wastes, where we board the once majestic, now largely deserted, fallen city of Anchorage. Reeve continues the creative flair he showed in the first book; pages abound with mercenaries, parasitic vessels and pirate lairs and diabolical scientific experiments. Once again, the world-building is nothing short of staggering, but these books are so much more than that, as it is Reeves ability to paint a visual picture with
2.5 Stars 🌟
Philip Reeve
Paperback | Pages: 316 pages Rating: 3.97 | 17090 Users | 1123 Reviews

Present Based On Books Predator's Gold (Mortal Engines Quartet #2)
| Title | : | Predator's Gold (Mortal Engines Quartet #2) |
| Author | : | Philip Reeve |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 316 pages |
| Published | : | January 1st 2006 by Eos (first published September 19th 2003) |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Fantasy. Science Fiction. Steampunk. Fiction. Dystopia |
Description Conducive To Books Predator's Gold (Mortal Engines Quartet #2)
I thought I liked the first book of this series, but I enjoyed this one even more! I think now that I am more used to this post-apocalyptic, steampunk world of predator cities and crazy flying machines, it is easier to just sit back, soak into the story, and enjoy the ride.I won't say too much specifically about the story as it could end up spoiling the first book as well. I will say, though, that I figured it would just be more of the same as the first book. However, the author managed to take this specific steampunk universe he created and find new, unique ways to entertain the reader. I was very satisfied and it makes me more excited to get to book 3 than I originally was to get to book 2.
I am very sorry that the first movie didn't fare too well because I feel like this book could have served as the basis for one heck of an awesome sequel. This was even more obvious to me in that I couldn't help but try and picture what it would be like on the big screen. But, *sigh*, I will likely have to just settle for the movies in my head.
Steampunk fantasy fans - read this series!
Describe Books Supposing Predator's Gold (Mortal Engines Quartet #2)
| Original Title: | Predator's Gold |
| ISBN: | 0060721960 (ISBN13: 9780060721961) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Mortal Engines Quartet #2 |
| Characters: | Tom Natsworthy, Hester Shaw, Anna Fang |
Rating Based On Books Predator's Gold (Mortal Engines Quartet #2)
Ratings: 3.97 From 17090 Users | 1123 ReviewsNotice Based On Books Predator's Gold (Mortal Engines Quartet #2)
I thought I liked the first book of this series, but I enjoyed this one even more! I think now that I am more used to this post-apocalyptic, steampunk world of predator cities and crazy flying machines, it is easier to just sit back, soak into the story, and enjoy the ride.I won't say too much specifically about the story as it could end up spoiling the first book as well. I will say, though, that I figured it would just be more of the same as the first book. However, the author managed to takeWill continue to read, so far so good.
Meh. It wasn't as provoking and symbolic and novel as the first part. I probably won't continue with this series.

1.5* Just like the first novel in this series, there is some good in its sequel. World building is, once again, where this book excels. Cities are turned into animals and they compete for survival as predators, prey, scavengers and parasites. This sequel has the same problems as the first book. Again characters fall short as underdeveloped and flat. And god forbid that anyone who reads these books forgets that the heroin is ugly. The author sure doesnt want you to forget that the only factor
The second Hungry Cities book is the same sort of fun as the first, albeit with those dark moments of violence and horror (like horrible deaths, or people being unpleasant). It still follows Hester and Tom, but theyve grown up a bit, and they have a place in the world as aviators. That is, until Pennyroyal comes aboard and spoils everything.Realistic, and sad, is the portrayal of Hester being so afraid to lose Tom. She doesnt believe anyone else will see past her scarred face to who she really
Predators Gold takes the action of Mortal Engines this time to the polar Ice Wastes, where we board the once majestic, now largely deserted, fallen city of Anchorage. Reeve continues the creative flair he showed in the first book; pages abound with mercenaries, parasitic vessels and pirate lairs and diabolical scientific experiments. Once again, the world-building is nothing short of staggering, but these books are so much more than that, as it is Reeves ability to paint a visual picture with
2.5 Stars 🌟


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.