Mention Books In Pursuance Of Stories I Only Tell My Friends
| Original Title: | Stories I Only Tell My Friends |
| ISBN: | 080509329X (ISBN13: 9780805093292) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Literary Awards: | Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Memoir & Autobiography (2011) |

Rob Lowe
Hardcover | Pages: 320 pages Rating: 3.8 | 60713 Users | 5110 Reviews
Declare Regarding Books Stories I Only Tell My Friends
| Title | : | Stories I Only Tell My Friends |
| Author | : | Rob Lowe |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 320 pages |
| Published | : | April 26th 2011 by Henry Holt and Co. (first published April 15th 2011) |
| Categories | : | Nonfiction. Autobiography. Memoir. Biography. Audiobook |
Representaion Concering Books Stories I Only Tell My Friends
A wryly funny and surprisingly moving account of an extraordinary life lived almost entirely in the public eyeA teen idol at fifteen, an international icon and founder of the Brat Pack at twenty, and one of Hollywood's top stars to this day, Rob Lowe chronicles his experiences as a painfully misunderstood child actor in Ohio uprooted to the wild counterculture of mid-seventies Malibu, where he embarked on his unrelenting pursuit of a career in Hollywood.
The Outsiders placed Lowe at the birth of the modern youth movement in the entertainment industry. During his time on The West Wing, he witnessed the surreal nexus of show business and politics both on the set and in the actual White House. And in between are deft and humorous stories of the wild excesses that marked the eighties, leading to his quest for family and sobriety.
Never mean-spirited or salacious, Lowe delivers unexpected glimpses into his successes, disappointments, relationships, and one-of-a-kind encounters with people who shaped our world over the last twenty-five years. These stories are as entertaining as they are unforgettable.
Rating Regarding Books Stories I Only Tell My Friends
Ratings: 3.8 From 60713 Users | 5110 ReviewsColumn Regarding Books Stories I Only Tell My Friends
This was a surprisingly enjoyable read. I generally avoid celebrity memoirs, but I saw a nice excerpt from Rob Lowe's latest one, "Love Life," about how emotional he was when his son went away to college, and decided to give his first autobiography a chance.I am a child of the 80s, so I grew up with Lowe's movies and those of the so-called Brat Pack. The Outsiders was popular when I was a kid, ("Stay gold, Ponyboy") and I also loved St. Elmo's Fire and About Last Night. Lowe's book had goodRob LoweRob Lowe, born in 1964, writes about his personal life and career in this memoir. It's not only an engaging story, it's a good primer for aspiring young actors. The takeaway: be bold, work hard, and avoid scandals.Lowe has been a devoted husband and father for nearly three decades, but Rob's 'bad boy' antics as a young man almost derailed his career. At the age of 24 Rob made a sex tape with a 16-year-old girl. The videotape went public when Rob's movie 'Bad Influence' was opening and
If I had not already thought Lowe was a very cool feller, this book would have changed my mind.He flows seamlessly through the highs (and of course lows) of his life and career.Also having him narrate this didn't hurt one bit :PMuch love to that lady Jane for the rec!!!

In the mid 80s, I had a poster of Rob Lowe in my room for a few years when I was a teen. He was dressed in a white suit, but shirtless, leaning against the wall. His eyes would follow you. Wow, I sure loved that posterA good third of this book is about filming the movie Outsiders. In 8th grade, this was required reading for me. (My son is currently assigned reading it 8th grade as well). Lowe was only 17, and it was his first movie. Honestly when someone brings up that movie, Rob Lowe does not
Okay, I have to say that I met Rob in Arizona in the early 90's...and I was very surprised then at how charming, self-deprecating and intelligent he was...and, yes, beautiful...This memoir reveals all of that, although thanks to SNL and West Wing, his wit and intelligence have already been revealed. The best review that I read of this book said that it was a love letter to his wife...and it is. He has matured and I very much enjoyed his look back at the journey thus far.I also listened to the
Um... yeah. So I read the Rob Lowe autobiography.Why? Perfectly fair question. The answer lies in the fact that Vanity Fair ran a long excerpt from it a month or two ago, featuring the segment where Lowe talks about his experiences auditioning for and then appearing in Francis Ford Coppola's The Outsiders. And when I read it, I was surprised to find... it was good. Really, really good. Well-executed, thoughtful, and offering tremendous insight not only into what was going through Lowe's head at


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.