Be Specific About Out Of Books When the Wind Blows (When the Wind Blows #1)
| Title | : | When the Wind Blows (When the Wind Blows #1) |
| Author | : | James Patterson |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 416 pages |
| Published | : | April 1st 2000 by Grand Central Publishing (first published October 28th 1998) |
| Categories | : | Mystery. Fiction. Thriller. Fantasy |

James Patterson
Paperback | Pages: 416 pages Rating: 3.93 | 45490 Users | 1576 Reviews
Relation During Books When the Wind Blows (When the Wind Blows #1)
Frannie O'Neill is a caring young veterinarian living in the Colorado Rockies, trying to erase the memory of her beloved husband's mysterious murder. It is not long before another neighbor suddenly dies, and FBI agent Kit Harrison arrives at Frannie's doorstep. Kit is hell-bent on solving the heinous case despite resounding protests from the FBI and the thrashing of his own internal demons.Kit secretly pursues the investigation, yet witnesses keep turning up dead. Then Frannie stumbles upon an astonishing discovery in the nearby woods, and their lives are altered in ways they could never have imagined. Simply knowing the secret of Max -- the terrified 11-year-old girl with an amazing gift -- could mean death.
As more and more diabolical details are unearthed, the murderer's bloody trail ultimately leads the trio to an underground lab network, known as "the School." Here scientists conduct shockingly incomprehensible experiments involving children and genetic alteration.
Present Books Concering When the Wind Blows (When the Wind Blows #1)
| Original Title: | When the Wind Blows |
| ISBN: | 0446676438 (ISBN13: 9780446676434) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | When the Wind Blows #1 |
| Characters: | Dr. Frannie O'Neill, Kit Harrison, Maximum, Ozymandius, Wendy Miller, Icarus (James Patterson), Peter Churchman |
| Setting: | Bear Bluff, Colorado(United States) |
Rating Out Of Books When the Wind Blows (When the Wind Blows #1)
Ratings: 3.93 From 45490 Users | 1576 ReviewsAssess Out Of Books When the Wind Blows (When the Wind Blows #1)
This book was a bit extreme and uninteresting to me, but I think it could make a good TV series with a few tweaks. I liked the concept and some of the characters. A decent read for adult audiences who like science fiction and drama. Did not like all the animals and babies that were killed throughout the book though.The premise was appealing. The writing was abysmal and as my first Patterson read I am considering being horrified at the popularity of this writer. It was bad enough that it was spread evenly throughout without many specifc points to mention. (I spoke with an enamored coworker and ended up looking up use of ghostwriters - and apparently James Patterson is more of a brand than an author. He might come up with most of the ideas but it seems most of the writing itself is outsourced. I can
Alright, this book was AMAZING! I love books about the future of genetic manipulation, and especially how it could possibly pertain to human research (even though its rather far-fetched at the moment). This book was the best one I've read so far in that vein. Plus, the characters are really endearing, the plot is amazing and very twisty, and the writing style keeps you engaged for the entire book - there were no "slow parts." This is the first Patterson book I've ever read, and I've got to say,

I love Max and her story but something doesn't ring right in this adult spin-off of the series. The adults characters sound wrong somehow. Both main adults characters are competent professionals but the way the act/talk (are written) is off.I don't remember feeling this reading the YA series so maybe James Patterson is better at writing YA, where all his characters sound right.At least for me it looks like it.2 stars only because I previously loved the characters and story. Otherwise, as quality
Update 5/25/2015So I just bought the last book of the Maximum Ride series, and when I clicked on the series button thing here on goodreads, I stumbled upon a note from James Patterson saying that this Max is different from the Max from Maximum Ride. It's quite impossible how different they are. They're too fucking similar to be different. I can't do anything about it though because I guess what the author says is true. Sucks big time.------------I bought this book (in hardcover, for only $2)
I guess it was alright. I was looking for something similar to Stephen King's The Instatute and thought this might be it. Boy was I off. Everything just seemed so...underdeveloped and flat. Worse still, It was like Patterson couldn't decide whether or not he wanted to write a romantic suspense or paranormal thriller. Frankly, the quality of the writing suggests budding talent, kind of like that which you might encounter in an advanced undergrad level creative writing class. There was so much
The following review was written when I was 12 years old:When I read this book, one of the first things I noticed was that the flow of the story seemed somewhat confusing or erratic because it is told from four different points of view. I think the author wrote the story this way to try to narrate different events happening at the same time. An example of this is when the telling of the story alternates between Max and the people who are following her. If I was writing the story, I would try to


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.