Friday, July 3, 2020

Free Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish Download Books

Free Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish  Download Books
Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish Kindle Edition | Pages: 128 pages
Rating: 3.93 | 6470 Users | 999 Reviews

List Books Conducive To Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish

Original Title: Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish ASIN B00B3GMHWO
Edition Language: English
Literary Awards: Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Poetry (2013)

Ilustration As Books Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish

From the incomparable David Rakoff, a poignant, beautiful, witty and wise novel in verse whose scope spans the 20th Century.

David Rakoff, who died in 2012 at the age of 47,  built a deserved reputation as one of the finest and funniest essayists of our time.  This intricately woven novel, written with humour, sympathy and tenderness, proves him the master of an altogether different art form.

Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die; Cherish, Perish leaps cities and decades as Rakoff, a Canadian who became an American citizen, sings the song of his adoptive homeland--a country whose freedoms can be intoxicating, or brutal. Here the characters' lives are linked to each other by acts of generosity or cruelty. A critic once called Rakoff "magnificent," a word which perfectly describes this wonderful novel in verse.


Particularize Of Books Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish

Title:Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish
Author:David Rakoff
Book Format:Kindle Edition
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 128 pages
Published:July 16th 2013 by Doubleday
Categories:Poetry. Fiction. Short Stories. Humor

Rating Of Books Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish
Ratings: 3.93 From 6470 Users | 999 Reviews

Assess Of Books Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish
This is a disturbing book. There's wit but it's biting and often bitter. The same could be said for Rakoff's humor. His writing is psychologically insightful yet condemnatory but there are some attitudes that should be condemned. He tells his stories in sly verse; his rhymes are purposely bad at times, the cadence forced and the topics crude even close to pornographic. Many have compared his wit to Oscar Wilde's and that's apt though I've never enjoyed Wilde's wit and didn't particularly enjoy

I suggest reading this beautifully rendered, breathtaking mosaic of a novel (in verse) in one sitting. David Rakoff could not have left us with a more fitting gift.So...As the pages grow thin and in sets the pain,One must come to grips that dear David is gone once again.

A collection of stories told in clever rhyme, Like an adult spin on Shel Silverstein, Yet there's nothing quite like this marvelous book; Therefore, I declare, "You must take a look!"

I don't know if I can divorce myself from the knowledge that this is Rakoff's last book; from the emotion of knowing I can't bear to listen to the audio book, and hear that pithy, keen, lively voice I loved on This American Life shriveled into the breathy, cancer-sick narrator of this final volume. I'll gladly settle for the dead-tree version, and hear the timeless vigor of Rakoff's voice in my head.And what a voice! I never would have imagined I'd enjoy a book in rhyming couplets, but Rakoff

Ugh. There's a line between "clever" and "smug," and this book crosses it. I could practically feel the author smirking as I endured some of these rhymes (and the sentence fragments, and the run-ons). The best thing I can say about this book is that it was short.

Many people have attempted it, but David Rakoff actually did it. He has written the proverbial "Great American Novel." What's more, he has written it in verse. Even more, he has written it in verse that actually rhymes. And still more, the verse is not knowing, or tendentious, or cynical, but human and funny. Move over Fitzgerald and Nathaniel West. Make room on the shelf for a new classic. Hemingway instructed that to write you must first "write one true sentence." I never understood what

Many people have attempted it, but David Rakoff actually did it. He has written the proverbial "Great American Novel." What's more, he has written it in verse. Even more, he has written it in verse that actually rhymes. And still more, the verse is not knowing, or tendentious, or cynical, but human and funny. Move over Fitzgerald and Nathaniel West. Make room on the shelf for a new classic. Hemingway instructed that to write you must first "write one true sentence." I never understood what

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.