Friday, July 10, 2020

Online Books Free Justine, or The Misfortunes of Virtue Download

Online Books Free Justine, or The Misfortunes of Virtue  Download
Justine, or The Misfortunes of Virtue Paperback | Pages: 264 pages
Rating: 3.41 | 11425 Users | 843 Reviews

Describe Books Concering Justine, or The Misfortunes of Virtue

Original Title: Justine, ou Les Malheurs de la vertu
ISBN: 950877035X (ISBN13: 9789508770356)
Edition Language: Spanish
Setting: France

Chronicle In Pursuance Of Books Justine, or The Misfortunes of Virtue

Justine was the Marquis de Sade's first novella, written in 1787, whilst imprisoned for two weeks in the Bastille. Although published anonymously, de Sade was eventually indicted for blasphemy and obscenity (without trial) for the authorship of Justine at the behest of Napoleon Bonaparte. Who suffers in the pursuit of desire? The Countess de Lorsange reveals her history, in a tavern, to a young woman named Therese; where a young girl and her sister fight a battle of morality. Set in a period before the French Revolution, Justine shows the battle of virtue versus vice, where earning your keep takes on fresh connotations, and a titled lady holds a lifetime of illicit secrets.

Mention Containing Books Justine, or The Misfortunes of Virtue

Title:Justine, or The Misfortunes of Virtue
Author:Marquis de Sade
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 264 pages
Published:April 28th 2003 by AC (first published 1787)
Categories:Classics. Fiction. Adult Fiction. Erotica. Cultural. France. Philosophy. European Literature. French Literature

Rating Containing Books Justine, or The Misfortunes of Virtue
Ratings: 3.41 From 11425 Users | 843 Reviews

Discuss Containing Books Justine, or The Misfortunes of Virtue
Great book, but i really don't care for translations. Let's see, something I took from this book:Believe in God and a bunch of people are going to rape you, take advantage of you, tie you to a tree and let the dogs get you, while your sister becomes a whore and marries a rich guy and gets all the wonders in the world, while everyone who's fucked you over got rich and became successful.But, hey, at least you go to heaven in the end...

I don't even know how to rate or review this. Yes, I was well aware of de Sade's reputation before I started reading this and I knew what the subject matter would be like. If you don't know well, look it up (rape, torture, scat, vivisection, and worse). Despite the disturbing subject matter (and Justine isn't even considered one of his most depraved works - I believe that title belongs to 120 Days of Sodom), this book has stood the test of time and is considered by some, a classic. I don't

Set in the 18th Century, this book was very controversial for its time and now I understand why.But, nowadays, I think that it is difficult to shock anyone due to the information we can get.So, my opinion of this book is that it is not a great story, but rather a philosophical quest to find what is good and evil and, what kind of gains can be obtained by choosing one of them. While Justine is good in her heart she is treated under all the evils in the world, she suffers alot but she remains true

This Justine she had like the all time worst luck, even worse than this girl Tiffany that I know who broke her leg on the first day of a three week ski holiday, it sounds so sad unless you know her in which case it practically proves there's a God right there. But anyway. I was reading this book at breakfast and that was a good laugh in itself cause people thought it must be a highly educational book because it was written before the Ark and I'm not saying they were wrong neither because some of

This is the first book Ive read by the Marquis de Sade, but of course Im aware of his reputation. His books have been perennially banned. Even today, Justine should be available on the public domain site ProjectGutenberg.com, but its censored from that site. I can understand why. Justine is a very unpleasant book. It was shocking to readers in the 1700s and even in the 21st century world of prime-time zombie dismemberment and Nicky Minaj, its still pretty shocking. This book is the work of an

It's been over a decade since I read this book, but I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. I was expecting it to be a fierce text railing against morality, instead it was monotonous boring book in which the protagonist (a very naive girl) gets raped and treated like shit by every group she encounters. Boring, repetative, and unchallenging. It does critize religious individuals/groups though, but not in a powerful well-written way that would threaten to kill god in anyones head.Not worth the

had to read this years ago for a seminar on the history of porn. very very messed up, but extremely memorable and interesting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.