Be Specific About Regarding Books Americanah
| Title | : | Americanah |
| Author | : | Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 477 pages |
| Published | : | May 14th 2013 by Alfred A. Knopf |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Cultural. Africa. Contemporary. Feminism. Literary Fiction |
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Hardcover | Pages: 477 pages Rating: 4.3 | 228182 Users | 20555 Reviews
Description Conducive To Books Americanah
Ifemelu and Obinze are young and in love when they depart military-ruled Nigeria for the West. Beautiful, self-assured Ifemelu heads for America, where despite her academic success, she is forced to grapple with what it means to be black for the first time. Quiet, thoughtful Obinze had hoped to join her, but with post-9/11 America closed to him, he instead plunges into a dangerous, undocumented life in London. Fifteen years later, they reunite in a newly democratic Nigeria, and reignite their passion—for each other and for their homeland.Source: chimamanda.com

Specify Books In Pursuance Of Americanah
| Original Title: | Americanah |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Ifemelu, Obinze Maduewesi , Blaine (Americanah), Shan, Curt (Americanah), Aunty Uju, Dike, Ginika, Emenike, Ranyinudo |
| Setting: | Lagos(Nigeria) London, England Princeton, New Jersey(United States) …more United States of America Nigeria …less |
| Literary Awards: | Chicago Tribune Heartland Prize for Fiction (2013), National Book Critics Circle Award for Fiction (2013), Women's Prize for Fiction Nominee (2014), Andrew Carnegie Medal Nominee for Fiction (Shortlist) (2014), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Fiction (2013) Go On Girl! Book Club Award for Author of the Year (2016), International Dublin Literary Award Nominee for Shortlist (2015) |
Rating Regarding Books Americanah
Ratings: 4.3 From 228182 Users | 20555 ReviewsWrite-Up Regarding Books Americanah
"when white people say dark they mean Greek or Italian but when black people say dark they mean Grace Jones"Weak as a love story but powerful in its social commentary. I found a lot of similarities between people of Nigeria described here and that of India- people wanting to migrate to developed countries and real estate being the only investment that attracts the rich. " There are many different ways to be poor in the world but increasingly there seems to be one single way to be rich. Then,I enjoyed Adichie's novel Purple Hibiscus, but this book was a slog, for multiple reasons. I wish Adichie had written a memoir, rather than a semi-autobiographical, overly-long, meandering novel wherein we are treated to the narrator's supercilious, self-important observations about immigration, race, and class. The observations are keen and I don't disagree with their general message, but the delivery is smug and repetitive, an endless series of cocktail and dinner party scenes where the
The Hook - A promise to myself to get to some of those books on my TBR pile. One down, thousands to go.The Line How easy it was to lie to strangers, to create with strangers the versions of our lives we imagined.The Sinker I loved the journey I took with the author and characters in Americanah, what I call more a story of love than one of race or color. This is not to say I didnt think about race or color because I did. What struck me most about his is how little I know about what is referred

this is basically what was going through my head for most of the book: AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!and then, more quietly in the background, under the shrieking:why havent i read this before now?because i was an early-adopter of adichie - i read Purple Hibiscus back when it was her only novel, and i pounced on Half of a Yellow Sun as soon as it was published and it immediately rose to the very top of my heart-pile of favorite books ever.and then this came out and i just dallied. i bought it the week it
Warning: I love being part of the crowd, and the crowd is mostly all gushy about this book. But seriously, I wish I had walked away from it. I really wanted to like it, I really did. This was the longest book of my life!!! 610 (Kindle) pages that felt like 1,000. I would be reading along and thinking, oh, Im a little bored, lets see how far Ive gotten.and Id look down at the bottom of my Kindle page and see that the progress bar hadnt moved an iota!!! 17 percent, really? Ive read all that, and
Sigh. I really wanted to be here for this novel, but damn: the two main characters - especially Ifemelu - were barely likeable after her move to America, all the other characters (especially the Americans and "nouveau riche" Nigerians) were very one-dimensional, the adjective use was next level and I felt like I was being lectured half the damn time. Adichie's prose is beautiful and she knows how to evoke emotion, but her politics - at least on the topic of race and class - feel very staid: I
"But beyond race, the book is about the immigrants quest: self-invention, which is the American subject. Americanah is unique among the booming canon of immigrant literature of the last generation (including writers Junot Diaz, Jhumpa Lahiri, Gary Shteyngart, Chang-rae Lee, Dinaw Mengestu and Susan Choi). Its ultimate concern isnt the challenge of becoming American or the hyphenation that requires, but the challenge of going back home."Emily Raboteau in the Washington PostI could not say it


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.