Identify Appertaining To Books Don Juan
| Title | : | Don Juan |
| Author | : | Lord Byron |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 584 pages |
| Published | : | August 26th 2004 by Penguin Classics (first published 1819) |
| Categories | : | Poetry. Classics. Fiction. Literature. 19th Century. European Literature. British Literature |

Lord Byron
Paperback | Pages: 584 pages Rating: 3.8 | 7351 Users | 234 Reviews
Interpretation In Favor Of Books Don Juan
Probably few subjects fitted Byron's particular talents better than Don Juan.In this rambling, exuberant, conversational poem, the travels of Don Juan are used as a vehicle for some of the most lively and acute commentaries on human societies and behaviour in the language. The manner is what Goethe called 'a cultured comic language'-a genre which he regarded as not possible in Geman and which he felt Byron managed superbly.
Particularize Books In Pursuance Of Don Juan
| Original Title: | Don Juan |
| ISBN: | 0140424520 (ISBN13: 9780140424522) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Rating Appertaining To Books Don Juan
Ratings: 3.8 From 7351 Users | 234 ReviewsCritique Appertaining To Books Don Juan
The moment when you realized, you've just spent the last two years reading something, thinking being the original Don Juan.Yo, Byron, what the fuck? He just threw some shit on a page over five years and none of it was planned in advance and it was all an excuse to complain about his wife and dunk on other writers. Completely incoherent. Full of slant rhymes. No plot to speak of. Maybe 1/4 of the book was about Don Juan and the rest of it was like, Hey we all know we're not really here to talk about this guy, let's bitch about popular culture and dating. I WAS PROMISED A SEX COMEDY AND I FEEL CHEATED. There were a
It should come as no surprise to anyone who knows me that I would give this poem the highest rating. Lord Byron's "Don Juan" is the greatest piece of writing I have ever read. It is my favorite piece of writing. I like it better than Joyce's "A Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man" and Conrad's "Heart of Darkness." Any serious student of literature, who has not already read this masterpiece, needs to read this sublime piece of writing. I have read it enormous times and have always learned

Byron has been my favorite Romantic poet--as he was during the Romantic period--since I have been able to read with ease (say, since grad school).His "English Bards and Scotch Reviewers" sets the standard for English Satire since Jonson and Dryden. It is very funny at the expense of an intellectual elite much less doubtful than ours today. We need another Byron.His "Don Juan" is without equal in English literature; maybe Ariosto's similar in Italian, though I think Byron more witty, finally.
Byrons least--or most--Byronic poem, depending on how you understand that term. So what does Byronism mean? The gothic affectations of Childe Harold, Lara & Manfred? Melancholia split with voluptuous pleasure, the delicate with the desolate; the paradigm for the lothario in exile? Sighing in soliloquy that the annihilation of hedonism always fails to banish the morbid chill of ennui--but doing it again anyway? Half mad aristocrats, those revenants from medievalism, bedeviled by a chthonic
While this isn't complicated to read, this is one long poem. This might be my favorite out of all Byron wrote. I love the langue and how he wrote the poem. Keep in mind this is a satire on epic poems. While I didn't find this funny, it was cleaver and witty.
Reading Lord Byrons poetry is never dull, reading Don Juan is a delighting way to pass your evening. From the very first stanzas the reader will be giggling and keeping a smile that will only be eclipsed at knowing the extent of the poem, for Byron himself joked about long poems ... When poets say, Ive written fifty rhymes,/ They make you dread that theyll recite them too. (Don Juan, Lord Byron, Canto I, 108) Then, knowing that only Canto I (out of XVII cantos) has 222 stanzas... the reader may


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.