Silent in the Sanctuary (Lady Julia Grey #2) 
Much to her surprise, the one man she had hoped to forget—the enigmatic and compelling Nicholas Brisbane—is among her father's houseguests… and he is not alone. Not to be outdone, Julia shows him that two can play at flirtation and promptly introduces him to her devoted, younger, titled Italian count.
But the homecoming celebrations quickly take a ghastly turn when one of the guests is found brutally murdered in the chapel, and a member of Lady Julia's own family confesses to the crime. Certain of her cousin's innocence, Lady Julia resumes her unlikely and deliciously intriguing partnership with Nicholas Brisbane, setting out to unravel a tangle of deceit before the killer can strike again. When a sudden snowstorm blankets the abbey like a shroud, it falls to Lady Julia and Nicholas Brisbane to answer the shriek of murder most foul.
#2 in the series was marginally better then the debut novel, but the same problems inherent in the first were still present and irritating here, IMO. (If you are at all interested, see my 1 star review of Silent in the Grave. The only thing propping this one up to 2 stars was a better mystery plotline.I'll gladly pass on any further "adventures" of Lady Julia and Brisbane.
As so often happens when reading historical romantic mysteries, I think my love of both the historical romance and mystery genres raised my hopes so high that disappointment was the inevitable result. I've heard such raves about this author, and while I certainly found her writing competent (sadly, that's not a given these days and hence worth mentioning!), I was disappointed by how relatively dull this novel was. The vibrancy, humor, emotional poignancy and sharp insight that elevate books of

I really enjoy the main character - Lady Julia Grey. I'm not a big fan of mysteries, and I'm more than willing to admit to being a snob when it comes to the excess of bad mystery series available today, but I really enjoyed this.The mystery itself isn't as twisted as in the first book, Silent in the Grave, but the characters, especially the supporting ones, are more fun this time around.Lady Julia is from a family of infamous crazies and rogues and scandal makers, and it doesn't much phase her.
This book had much more chemistry for me than the first book! I was so relieved. I felt like there was such a focus on getting to know Lady Julia in the first book and there wasnt enough romantic tension between the two to really intrigue me that much. However as I said before, Raybourn typically does a magnificent job at developing tension..so I was willing to give the next book a try.I felt like the audience got to know Brisbane much more and it was clear that he is fighting his feelings for
I wish I had the 3rd book in hand. This series has been so surprising with the moments of dry humor and the funny moments between Morag and Julia. The side characters really made this book.
Deanna Raybourn
Paperback | Pages: 552 pages Rating: 4.05 | 14033 Users | 1087 Reviews

Define Books Toward Silent in the Sanctuary (Lady Julia Grey #2)
| Original Title: | Silent in the Sanctuary |
| ISBN: | 0778324923 (ISBN13: 9780778324928) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Lady Julia Grey #2 |
| Characters: | Lady Julia Grey, Nicholas Brisbane, Portia, Lady Bettiscombe, Lord March, Morag, Magda, Eglamour "Plum" March, Lysander March, Violante, Alessandro Fornacci, Charlotte King, Lucy, Emma Phipps, Aunt Dorcas, Sir Cedric Eastley, Henry Ludlow, Lucian Snow |
| Setting: | United Kingdom Sussex, England,1887(United Kingdom) |
| Literary Awards: | Dilys Award Nominee (2009) |
Narrative Concering Books Silent in the Sanctuary (Lady Julia Grey #2)
Fresh from a six-month sojourn in Italy, Lady Julia returns home to Sussex to find her father's estate crowded with family and friends— but dark deeds are afoot at the deconsecrated abbey, and a murderer roams the ancient cloisters.Much to her surprise, the one man she had hoped to forget—the enigmatic and compelling Nicholas Brisbane—is among her father's houseguests… and he is not alone. Not to be outdone, Julia shows him that two can play at flirtation and promptly introduces him to her devoted, younger, titled Italian count.
But the homecoming celebrations quickly take a ghastly turn when one of the guests is found brutally murdered in the chapel, and a member of Lady Julia's own family confesses to the crime. Certain of her cousin's innocence, Lady Julia resumes her unlikely and deliciously intriguing partnership with Nicholas Brisbane, setting out to unravel a tangle of deceit before the killer can strike again. When a sudden snowstorm blankets the abbey like a shroud, it falls to Lady Julia and Nicholas Brisbane to answer the shriek of murder most foul.
Describe About Books Silent in the Sanctuary (Lady Julia Grey #2)
| Title | : | Silent in the Sanctuary (Lady Julia Grey #2) |
| Author | : | Deanna Raybourn |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 552 pages |
| Published | : | 2008 by Mira (first published December 28th 2007) |
| Categories | : | Mystery. Historical. Historical Fiction. Romance. Historical Mystery. Fiction |
Rating About Books Silent in the Sanctuary (Lady Julia Grey #2)
Ratings: 4.05 From 14033 Users | 1087 ReviewsWrite-Up About Books Silent in the Sanctuary (Lady Julia Grey #2)
Although the mysteries started later than I expected and were solved in quick fashion, it was fun trying to piece who to what. I also enjoyed Lady Julia and her oddball family. Liberal and rather forward thinking for the time, I got a kick out of the multitude of relationships and opinions. Also, whatever is happening-currently not much between Julia and Brisbane-does keep my curiosity alive and well, hoping for a romantic resolution in the next book.#2 in the series was marginally better then the debut novel, but the same problems inherent in the first were still present and irritating here, IMO. (If you are at all interested, see my 1 star review of Silent in the Grave. The only thing propping this one up to 2 stars was a better mystery plotline.I'll gladly pass on any further "adventures" of Lady Julia and Brisbane.
As so often happens when reading historical romantic mysteries, I think my love of both the historical romance and mystery genres raised my hopes so high that disappointment was the inevitable result. I've heard such raves about this author, and while I certainly found her writing competent (sadly, that's not a given these days and hence worth mentioning!), I was disappointed by how relatively dull this novel was. The vibrancy, humor, emotional poignancy and sharp insight that elevate books of

I really enjoy the main character - Lady Julia Grey. I'm not a big fan of mysteries, and I'm more than willing to admit to being a snob when it comes to the excess of bad mystery series available today, but I really enjoyed this.The mystery itself isn't as twisted as in the first book, Silent in the Grave, but the characters, especially the supporting ones, are more fun this time around.Lady Julia is from a family of infamous crazies and rogues and scandal makers, and it doesn't much phase her.
This book had much more chemistry for me than the first book! I was so relieved. I felt like there was such a focus on getting to know Lady Julia in the first book and there wasnt enough romantic tension between the two to really intrigue me that much. However as I said before, Raybourn typically does a magnificent job at developing tension..so I was willing to give the next book a try.I felt like the audience got to know Brisbane much more and it was clear that he is fighting his feelings for
I wish I had the 3rd book in hand. This series has been so surprising with the moments of dry humor and the funny moments between Morag and Julia. The side characters really made this book.


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.