Describe Appertaining To Books The Calling (Endgame #1)
| Title | : | The Calling (Endgame #1) |
| Author | : | James Frey |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 461 pages |
| Published | : | October 7th 2014 by HarperTeen |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Fantasy. Science Fiction. Dystopia |
James Frey
Hardcover | Pages: 461 pages Rating: 3.74 | 16785 Users | 2207 Reviews
Chronicle In Favor Of Books The Calling (Endgame #1)
Twelve thousand years ago, they came. They descended from the sky amid smoke and fire, and created humanity and gave us rules to live by. They needed gold and they built our earliest civilizations to mine it for them. When they had what they needed, they left. But before they left, they told us someday they would come back, and when they did, a game would be played. A game that would determine our future.This is Endgame.
For ten thousand years the lines have existed in secret. The 12 original lines of humanity. Each had to have a Player prepared at all times. They have trained generation after generation after generation. In weapons, languages, history, tactics, disguise assassination. Together the players are everything: strong, kind, ruthless, loyal, smart, stupid, ugly, lustful, mean, fickle, beautiful, calculating, lazy, exuberant, weak. They are good and evil. Like you. Like all.
This is Endgame.
When the game starts, the players will have to find three keys. The keys are somewhere on earth. The only rule of their Endgame is that there are no rules. Whoever finds the keys first wins the game. Endgame: The Calling is about the hunt for the first key. And just as it tells the story of the hunt for a hidden key, written into the book is a puzzle. It invites readers to play their own Endgame and to try to solve the puzzle. Whoever does will open a case filled with gold. Alongside the puzzle will be a revolutionary mobile game built by Google’s Niantic Labs that will allow you to play a real-world version of Endgame where you can join one of the lines and do battle with people around you.
Will exuberance beat strength? Stupidity top kindness? Laziness thwart beauty? Will the winner be good or evil? There is only one way to find out.
Play.
Survive.
Solve.
People of Earth.
Endgame has begun.

Declare Books Conducive To The Calling (Endgame #1)
| Original Title: | Endgame: The Calling |
| ISBN: | 0062332589 (ISBN13: 9780062332585) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Endgame #1 |
| Characters: | Sarah Alopay, Jago Tlaloc, Chiyoko Takeda, An Liu, Baitsakhan, Kala Mozami, Maccabee Adlai, Shari Chopra, Alice Ulapala, Aisling Kopp, Hilal Ibn Isa al-Salt, Marcus Loxias Megalos, Christopher Vanderkamp |
| Setting: | China Turkey Italy …more Stonehenge, Wiltshire, England …less |
Rating Appertaining To Books The Calling (Endgame #1)
Ratings: 3.74 From 16785 Users | 2207 ReviewsComment On Appertaining To Books The Calling (Endgame #1)
First of all, a big thank you to my lovely boyfriend Matt for picking this book out and for being willing to read it with me. Being able to hear your thoughts as you read, seeing who you liked first hand as I formed my own opinions and finishing the book within ten minutes of you just proves all over again that I'm lucky to have found you. Thank you for being willing to put up with my craziness and doing a buddy read with me. (:REVIEW TIME! "This is Endgame, bitch. Best get used to it." Oh,This is a shitty book by a shitty, deceptive, and unethical man who lied to make millions with his "memoir" and uses his production company Full Fathom Five to make other writers put out books like Dorothy Must Die and the I Am Number Four books on shitty, unfair contracts. And none of the books are even good. I've tried. This is normally not the kind of review or rant I'd write because I grew out of it a while back, but everything about this man, what he does, and what he will be able to
The Calling was an imperfect page-turner, is the first sentence that comes to my mind when thinking of this book and my reading experience of it.3.5 stars. It hooked me. Very much. It contained this extremely fast pacing that kept on tempting me to read chapter after chapter without having my body show any sign of tiring. Moreover, the pages flew by at such a rapid speed that I most likely unintentionally skimmed some sentences here and there. It was as if I HAD to read at an express mode,

I received this book for free from Bookworld in exchange for an honest review.For those of you concerned about Endgame being constantly compared to The Hunger Games (which has been done primarily from the synopsis alone), after reading it I can see that these two are quite different. This book sets itself apart with the genre, the setting, the format - we follow all of the Players and their journeys, and the plot is a lot more complex than it seems. This book sets up a lot of mystery and
I had know idea this is the author behind I Am Number Four!I'm fucking shocked; a few years ago I read A Million Little Pieces and absolutely hated it. Wasn't surprised when I found out that "memoir" was all a lie. Now this book is in the process of being released when it's a rip off of the Hunger Games when that's a rip off of Battle Royale... My head hurts.
"In a world similar to Earth,"(In a world similar to Panem)"there are 12 bloodlines"(There are 12 districts)"Each bloodline has a champion between the ages of 13 and 17"(Each district has a tribute between the ages of 13 and 18)"And then one day they're called to fight, and all the bloodlines but the winners will be exterminated. They're fighting to be the last race."(And then one day they're called to fight, and all the tributes but the winners will be exterminated. They're fighting to be the
Finally, I was able to finish this huge book! It wasn't because it wasn't good, but it was because of the lack of time I have reading this January. Which sucked so bad. I am upset that I couldn't even sit on a book for an hour, or even 30 minutes. Anyways.In a lot of ways, this book was good. Great even. But why only 3 stars?1. I hate stupid love triangles. The end of the world is coming and you get to think about boys? Or girls? I just don't get why it has to be there.2. It dragged too long on


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.