Define Regarding Books Runaway
| Title | : | Runaway |
| Author | : | Alice Munro |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Vintage Contemporaries Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 335 pages |
| Published | : | November 2005 by Vintage Contemporaries (first published August 11th 2003) |
| Categories | : | Short Stories. Fiction. Cultural. Canada |
Alice Munro
Paperback | Pages: 335 pages Rating: 3.98 | 19772 Users | 2062 Reviews
Rendition As Books Runaway
The incomparable Alice Munro’s bestselling and rapturously acclaimed Runaway is a book of extraordinary stories about love and its infinite betrayals and surprises, from the title story about a young woman who, though she thinks she wants to, is incapable of leaving her husband, to three stories about a woman named Juliet and the emotions that complicate the luster of her intimate relationships. In Munro’s hands, the people she writes about–women of all ages and circumstances, and their friends, lovers, parents, and children–become as vivid as our own neighbors. It is her miraculous gift to make these stories as real and unforgettable as our own.(back cover)
Runaway
Chance
Soon
Silence
Passion
Trespasses
Tricks

Particularize Books In Favor Of Runaway
| Original Title: | Runaway |
| ISBN: | 1400077915 (ISBN13: 9781400077915) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Juliet |
| Literary Awards: | Scotiabank Giller Prize (2004), O. Henry Award for 'Passion' (2006), Commonwealth Writers' Prize for Best Book in Caribbean and Canada (2005), Rogers Writers' Trust Fiction Prize (2004) |
Rating Regarding Books Runaway
Ratings: 3.98 From 19772 Users | 2062 ReviewsWrite Up Regarding Books Runaway
Runaway is one of the short story collections of 2013 Nobel Prize winner, Canadian Alice Munro. I listened to the book, and really liked it, though I am a white middle-class, late-middle-aged man, and this book features white middle-class Canadian (particularly from Ontario) women, many of them late-middle aged. The focus is on stories of women and girls, on relationships, sometimes with men, and the every day, in every day language. They are unfussy, unpretentious, realistic literary fiction. IRunaway is a short story by prize-winning Canadian author, Alice Munro, available free at https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20.... Carla is a runaway, having left her parents in Toronto to live with Clarke in a trailer, looking after his horses and helping with riding lessons. Carlas step-father called him a loser and a drifter; her mother said hed break her heart. Money is tight but Clarke has a plan that involves their neighbour, recently widowed Sylvia Jamieson. Carla is sent up to the house
Thank you, Lev Grossman for comparing my work to Alice Munro and letting me know of her existence. I'm nothing like her, but that doesn't matter, she's wonderful, and now I can read everything she's written, yay!

As seen on The ReadventurerLike many readers, I claim quite often that I am not really a fan of short stories, that is, I claim that until I come across the next good short story collection, like Alice Munro's Runaway. My imaginary dislike for shorts can surely be traced to reading too many poorly assembled multi-author anthologies. There are maybe two of them in existence that I can honestly call good. From my experience, single-author collections are much, much more satisfying.Once again, I
If Alice Munro built a bridge out of popsicle sticks to cross the Colorado River at any point, I wouldn't hesitate to step on it. Whatever there is to say about her genius, and there's a lot, we have to say, of all the instruments she commands as a writer, *structure* is the one with which she is most masterful. This is how she's a realist--not because all the people in her stories wear pants (when appropriate) and none have nipples that light up like flashlights on touch, but because meaning
This 2004 collection of eight stories by the Nobel Prize winning Canadian short story writer wonderfully demonstrates her narrative flair, the careful construction of her stories, and her psychological sensitivity and perception. As is characteristic of her work, the stories here feature women navigating the shoals of familial constraints, transitions, and, to use an overused term, dysfunctions. Munro works with an economy of language, conjuring moods and shifts of meaning, the subtleties of
This book was so painfully beautiful. I was really blown away. I am trying to hold myself back from running out and purchasing every single book that Alice Munro has ever written. I really owe this one to my friend Kandice, who also shares a love for Alice Munro's work. Thanks Kandice! Without that little postcard I'm sure this would have sat on the back burner for another 5 years. What a shame that would have been! After every story I was just wishing so much that I had someone to turn to and


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.