Itemize Books To Pieces of Us
| Original Title: | Pieces of Us |
| ISBN: | 0738721646 (ISBN13: 9780738721644) |
| Edition Language: | English |

Margie Gelbwasser
Paperback | Pages: 336 pages Rating: 3.58 | 1269 Users | 213 Reviews
Be Specific About About Books Pieces of Us
| Title | : | Pieces of Us |
| Author | : | Margie Gelbwasser |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 336 pages |
| Published | : | March 8th 2012 by Flux (first published March 1st 2012) |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Contemporary. Realistic Fiction. Sociology. Abuse. Fiction |
Chronicle In Pursuance Of Books Pieces of Us
Two families. Four teens.A summer full of secrets.
Every summer, hidden away in a lakeside community in upstate New York, four teens leave behind their old identities…and escape from their everyday lives.
Yet back in Philadelphia during the school year, Alex cannot suppress his anger at his father (who killed himself), his mother (whom he blames for it), and the girls who give it up too easily. His younger brother, Kyle, is angry too—at his abusive brother, and at their mother who doesn’t seem to care. Meanwhile, in suburban New Jersey, Katie plays the role of Miss Perfect while trying to forget the nightmare that changed her life. But Julie, her younger sister, sees Katie only as everything she’s not. And their mother will never let Julie forget it.
Up at the lake, they can be anything, anyone. Free. But then Katie’s secret gets out, forcing each of them to face reality—before it tears them to pieces.
Rating About Books Pieces of Us
Ratings: 3.58 From 1269 Users | 213 ReviewsDiscuss About Books Pieces of Us
This book. This book is haunting. It ate my heart and spit it out again. I'm still trying to pick up the pieces. Netgalley (oh you beautiful thing) gave me a wonderful chance to read this. I read the synopsis. Clicked request, never knowing how much downloading the galley would rock my world.So I read...and read. Then went to sleep feeling awful but unable to put down my iPhone. I won't bother summarizing. It wouldn't do this book justice.Everything! Everything was painful! But it was real. ItFeatured on myheartheartsbooks.blogspot.com & myheartheartsbooks.tumblr.comTwo families. Four teens. A summer full of secrets. Every summer, hidden away in a lakeside community in upstate New York,four teens leave behind their old identitiesand escape from their everyday lives. Yet back in Philadelphia during the school year, Alex cannot suppress his anger at his father(who killed himself), his mother (whom he blames for it), and the girls who give it up too easily. His younger brother,
I feel that I'm rarely at a loss for how things to talk about with a book, but it seems that Pieces of Us has left me unsure of what to say. I won't say that I vehemently disliked this by any means, but it certainly didn't capture my heart and mind the way that I expected it to. Pieces of Us starts out with a lot of promise. The four characters--Katie, Julie, Alex, and Kyle--are all introduced and you immediately get a feeling for each of their characters. Katie hides behind the facade of beauty

I've yet to write up a full review for this title but I found it to be relentlessly bleak and gratuitously nasty. Each teen is deeply damaged, with Alex verging on sociopathic misogyny and there is little light at the end of the tunnel, despite the rather throwaway last line (which was merely trite after such misery). The adults in the story are ineffectual in the extreme with Katie's mother is narcissistic in the extreme and her father kind yet useless. It's all just so upsetting and with
Thank to you NetGalley and Flux for this copy of Pieces of Us. It's not often that I'm at a loss for words but this book that's full of hurt and pain left me speechless and emotionally drained. It's gritty and real, dealing with issues that run the gamut from parental neglect to a taped date rape that goes viral. Four teens, two brothers and two sisters. For years they've spent their summers at their grandparents lake house, the one place they feel they can be themselves, unlike at home where
Let's talk about a disturbing book. Let's talk about a book that made me uncomfortable. Let's talk about a book without likable characters. Gelbwasser somehow makes you care about four teens who are all so broken and abused/abusive (I'd argue they all abuse and are abused equally). Little by little they continue to fall apart and it looks like there's no redemption to be had at all. I walked away pretty unsettled, and I mean that in a good way. That is successful storytelling. This is a book
This book is not for teens under 17. I'm not sure If I've ever seen so much bad language/abusive terms in a book -- even an adult one. I understand that these 4 teens are damaged and need help, but I didn't see that happen for some of them..? Maybe it's because I was too focused on the graphic nature of it all. I'm sure a lot of people will love this but it just wasn't for me. It was emotional and disturbing and one event hit very close to home. But because of that, I was furious at how the


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.