Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Download Books Sniper One: The Blistering True Story of a British Battle Group Under Siege Online

Be Specific About Books As Sniper One: The Blistering True Story of a British Battle Group Under Siege

Original Title: Sniper One: The Blistering True Story of a British Battle Group Under Siege
ISBN: 0141029013 (ISBN13: 9780141029016)
Edition Language: English
Download Books Sniper One: The Blistering True Story of a British Battle Group Under Siege  Online
Sniper One: The Blistering True Story of a British Battle Group Under Siege Paperback | Pages: 350 pages
Rating: 4.26 | 4065 Users | 179 Reviews

Present Of Books Sniper One: The Blistering True Story of a British Battle Group Under Siege

Title:Sniper One: The Blistering True Story of a British Battle Group Under Siege
Author:Dan Mills
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 350 pages
Published:May 15th 2008 by Penguin (first published August 30th 2007)
Categories:War. Military Fiction. Nonfiction. History. Military. Military History. Biography

Rendition Conducive To Books Sniper One: The Blistering True Story of a British Battle Group Under Siege

The gritty, awe-inspiring true story that takes you right into the heart of the Iraq war from Sunday Times No.1 bestseller Sgt. Dan Mills. 'One of the best first-hand accounts of combat that I've ever read' Andy McNab 'We all saw it at once. Half a dozen voices screamed 'Grenade!' simultaneously. Then everything went into slow motion...' April 2004: Dan Mills and his platoon of snipers fly into southern Iraq, part of an infantry battalion sent to win hearts and minds. They were soon fighting for their lives. Back home we were told they were peacekeeping. But there was no peace to keep. Because within days of arriving in theatre, Mills and his men were caught up in the longest, most sustained fire fight British troops had faced for over fifty years. This awe-inspiring account tells of total war in throat-burning winds and fifty-degree heat, blasted by mortars and surrounded by heavily armed militias - you won't be able to put this down. 'If I could give it more stars I would' 5* reader review 'A truly stunning story. I have read this 4 times and it's still as captivating now as the first time' 5* reader review

Rating Of Books Sniper One: The Blistering True Story of a British Battle Group Under Siege
Ratings: 4.26 From 4065 Users | 179 Reviews

Rate Of Books Sniper One: The Blistering True Story of a British Battle Group Under Siege
I'm a massive fan of war memoirs - the kind popularised by Andy McNab and Chris Ryan in recent years - so when I saw the hype surrounding this book, I had to give it a go.It totally lived up to my expectations. Somewhat inevitably, considering the setting, the action comes thick and fast, making this a modern-day version of the Battle of Rorke's Drift in the Zulu War - and it's just as exciting. Bullets fly, shells explode and our sniper heroes do what they need to do to get the job done.Yes,

This book is more about small unit combat leadership than the moral dilemma of taking someone's head off at 300 meters. I think Mills has captured the tensions (fistfights in the DFAC, idle soldiers with internet access), the challenges (getting rid of a non-performer in the unit by moving him somewhere he'd be happier and less likely to get people killed), and the frustrations of the kind of war we were waging in Iraq (full disclosure--I'm an Iraq veteran, and aware of the running "cooperation"

This book was amazing, I love reading true stories like this where some people have a lot more to deal with in their job than most and they deal with it really well.

Sniper One: The Blistering True Story Of A British Battle Group Under Siege received 4.22 stars out of 5, and also I can tell that a lot of readers that gave this book 5 including me got a thrill out of it. The readers that give this book 1 stars didn't even leave a comment and I would agree with them because this book is not for everyone. But I strongly disagree when some people said it is not worth reading. This book has so much thrill, adventure, and action that gets the reader involved in it

I certainly enjoyed the read.The story centres around a group of British Army snipers deployed into Iraq in 2004. They were kept very active by the local population - being involved in the longest fire fight British troops had been party to for over 50 years. The description of the base itself, where they spent a considerable part of their deployment defending its walls, is very good.Consequently you can visualise what's happening all around them when they're attacked.If you're in any way

Excellent book, couldn't put it down.

Thoroughly enjoyed this first-hand account of the British siege of Al Amarah and what they went through to hold that position. Lots of good sniper lore here, even more interesting stuff about how men cope under those kind of prolonged battle conditions. Not the usual sneak-and-peek and shoot, but a story about men under siege.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.