The Vision, Volume 1: Little Worse Than A Man (Vision (2015) (Collected Editions) #1) 
Behold the Visions! They’re the family next door, and they have the power to kill us all. What could possibly go wrong? Artificial hearts will be broken, bodies will not stay buried, the truth will not remain hidden, and the Vision will never be the same.
Collecting: The Vision 1-6
I get into some spoilsies later in the review so I guess be warned. The short version of this review is that the book is overrated, boring and poorly written and I wouldnt recommend it. Ok, on with the review proper! The Vision suddenly has a family! His wife is Virginia, his son is Vin and his daughter is Viv (oh the cute alliteration) and they reside at 616 Hickory Branch Lane (geddit, like Marvel-616, the main Marvel universe). Not a lot happens for most of the book until something does and
Also available on the WondrousBooks blog. From the moment I started reading The Vision, I felt that something was creeping in on me. I knew that this was mostly supposed to be a dark comedy, at least from most of what I had read or heard about it. However, that was not the feeling that I got from the volume itself.First and foremost, there is something that I really enjoyed: the ominous chill running through the entire volume. From the very beginning, I felt slightly disturbed by the

Youtube Video Review - https://youtu.be/CK5UQwuwwbMEvery once in a blue moon you read a graphic novel that blows away any expectations no matter how much good you heard about it. Earlier this year it was American Alien. The Vision is the second Graphic Novel made this year to blow me the FUCK away! Vision is building a home for his family. His wife, his kids, all he's trying to do is be normal. It's simple, for humans we try our best to achieve great things. For Vision he's saved the world a
The Vision builds himself a family and moves to the suburbs with them. Things are great until they aren't.After reading the first issue of The Vision via Marvel Unlimited, I knew I wanted to read the rest. Little Worse than a Man collects the first six issues.The Vision and his family experience prejudice from their human neighbors, Viv and Vin's classmates, and later, the cops. Virginia lies to the Vision once and it snowballs, sending their quiet suburban life out of control. I saw someone
Do synthezoids dream of electric sheeps?Ok, an easy one but well deserved to cover the sad and doomed attempts of the Vision to live a "normal" life with a "normal" family. Well, this is not a "normal" Marvel comic book. No huge fights, no overboobed babes in spandex, no runts snikting their claws... Rather a grim suburb, a poisoned atmosphere and lots of text. And it's great, too!I tip my hat to Marvel for endorsing such a different and interesting use of super heroes.
A lot darker in nature than I thought, but a well told story none the less. Lovely artwork, the story reminded me of a horror movie, but I can't quite think which one. Maybe the shining, when the wife has realised that her husband is crazy. It provokes some interesting debates about AI as well. Exterminate!
Tom King
Paperback | Pages: 136 pages Rating: 4.26 | 8871 Users | 1011 Reviews

List Of Books The Vision, Volume 1: Little Worse Than A Man (Vision (2015) (Collected Editions) #1)
| Title | : | The Vision, Volume 1: Little Worse Than A Man (Vision (2015) (Collected Editions) #1) |
| Author | : | Tom King |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Trade |
| Pages | : | Pages: 136 pages |
| Published | : | July 12th 2016 by Marvel |
| Categories | : | Sequential Art. Comics. Graphic Novels. Superheroes. Marvel. Graphic Novels Comics. Fiction |
Commentary Toward Books The Vision, Volume 1: Little Worse Than A Man (Vision (2015) (Collected Editions) #1)
The Vision wants to be human, and what's more human than family? So he heads back to the beginning, to the laboratory where Ultron created him and molded him into a weapon. The place where he first rebelled against his given destiny and imagined that he could be more -that he could be a man. There, he builds them. A wife, Virginia. Two teenage twins, Viv and Vin. They look like him. They have his powers. They share his grandest ambition (or is that obsession?) the unrelenting need to be ordinary.Behold the Visions! They’re the family next door, and they have the power to kill us all. What could possibly go wrong? Artificial hearts will be broken, bodies will not stay buried, the truth will not remain hidden, and the Vision will never be the same.
Collecting: The Vision 1-6
Present Books During The Vision, Volume 1: Little Worse Than A Man (Vision (2015) (Collected Editions) #1)
| Original Title: | The Vision, Volume 1: Little Worse Than A Man |
| ISBN: | 0785196579 (ISBN13: 9780785196570) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Vision (2015) (Collected Editions) #1, Vision (2015) (Single Issues) #1-6, Marvel Ultimate Graphic Novels Collection #116, Marvel Ultimate Graphic Novels Collection: Publication Order #155 , more |
| Characters: | Magneto, Barack Obama, Hercules (Marvel Comics), Doctor Strange, Galactus, Thanos, Nathaniel Richards, Sam Wilson, Loki (Marvel), Monica Rambeau, Anna Marie Raven, Ultron, Hank McCoy, Medusalith Amaquelin Boltagon, T'Challa, Jane Foster, Crystalia Amaquelin Maximoff, Mark Milton, Eric Masterson, Martin Preston, Giganto, Jocasta (Avengers), Sam Alexander, Michael Korvac, The Vision, Eric Williams, Kamala Khan, Agatha Harkness, Supreme Intelligence, Tony Stark, America Chavez, Miles Morales, Jennifer Walters, Michael Steel, Virginia Vision, Viv Vision, Vin Vision, George Knowles, Nora Knowles, Sam Waxman, Christopher Taylor, Darrell Campbell, Ebony, Chris "C.K." Kinzky, Leon Kinzky, Matthew Lin, Francois Puvot, William Maximoff, Thomas Maximoff, Ann Darnell, Simon Utrecht, James Darnell, Mr. Santora, Zekey, Adam Brashear, Sparky, Peter Parker, Carol Danvers, Wanda Maximoff |
| Setting: | Alexandria, Virginia,2016(United States) |
| Literary Awards: | Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards for Best Limited |
| Series: | AND nominated for Best Cover Artist (for multiple covers) (for Mike Del Mundo) (2017), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Graphic Novels & Comics (2016) |
Rating Of Books The Vision, Volume 1: Little Worse Than A Man (Vision (2015) (Collected Editions) #1)
Ratings: 4.26 From 8871 Users | 1011 ReviewsRate Of Books The Vision, Volume 1: Little Worse Than A Man (Vision (2015) (Collected Editions) #1)
Tom Kings Vision is literary sci-fi, dark and satirical, with sharp commentary on race and humanity, life and death, in a Marvel super hero comic. Extraordinary. "For a moment, as she listened to her family argue and laugh, Virginia felt content. She belonged here. They belonged here. Everything in the end would be good. This moment lasted 1.72 seconds."I get into some spoilsies later in the review so I guess be warned. The short version of this review is that the book is overrated, boring and poorly written and I wouldnt recommend it. Ok, on with the review proper! The Vision suddenly has a family! His wife is Virginia, his son is Vin and his daughter is Viv (oh the cute alliteration) and they reside at 616 Hickory Branch Lane (geddit, like Marvel-616, the main Marvel universe). Not a lot happens for most of the book until something does and
Also available on the WondrousBooks blog. From the moment I started reading The Vision, I felt that something was creeping in on me. I knew that this was mostly supposed to be a dark comedy, at least from most of what I had read or heard about it. However, that was not the feeling that I got from the volume itself.First and foremost, there is something that I really enjoyed: the ominous chill running through the entire volume. From the very beginning, I felt slightly disturbed by the

Youtube Video Review - https://youtu.be/CK5UQwuwwbMEvery once in a blue moon you read a graphic novel that blows away any expectations no matter how much good you heard about it. Earlier this year it was American Alien. The Vision is the second Graphic Novel made this year to blow me the FUCK away! Vision is building a home for his family. His wife, his kids, all he's trying to do is be normal. It's simple, for humans we try our best to achieve great things. For Vision he's saved the world a
The Vision builds himself a family and moves to the suburbs with them. Things are great until they aren't.After reading the first issue of The Vision via Marvel Unlimited, I knew I wanted to read the rest. Little Worse than a Man collects the first six issues.The Vision and his family experience prejudice from their human neighbors, Viv and Vin's classmates, and later, the cops. Virginia lies to the Vision once and it snowballs, sending their quiet suburban life out of control. I saw someone
Do synthezoids dream of electric sheeps?Ok, an easy one but well deserved to cover the sad and doomed attempts of the Vision to live a "normal" life with a "normal" family. Well, this is not a "normal" Marvel comic book. No huge fights, no overboobed babes in spandex, no runts snikting their claws... Rather a grim suburb, a poisoned atmosphere and lots of text. And it's great, too!I tip my hat to Marvel for endorsing such a different and interesting use of super heroes.
A lot darker in nature than I thought, but a well told story none the less. Lovely artwork, the story reminded me of a horror movie, but I can't quite think which one. Maybe the shining, when the wife has realised that her husband is crazy. It provokes some interesting debates about AI as well. Exterminate!


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.