Be Specific About Containing Books Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor #1)
| Title | : | Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor #1) |
| Author | : | Mark Lawrence |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 469 pages |
| Published | : | April 4th 2017 by Ace |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Fiction. Adult. Magic. High Fantasy. Audiobook. Epic Fantasy |
Mark Lawrence
Hardcover | Pages: 469 pages Rating: 4.22 | 34036 Users | 4045 Reviews
Chronicle Toward Books Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor #1)
I was born for killing – the gods made me to ruin.At the Convent of Sweet Mercy young girls are raised to be killers. In a few the old bloods show, gifting talents rarely seen since the tribes beached their ships on Abeth. Sweet Mercy hones its novices’ skills to deadly effect: it takes ten years to educate a Red Sister in the ways of blade and fist.
But even the mistresses of sword and shadow don’t truly understand what they have purchased when Nona Grey is brought to their halls as a bloodstained child of eight, falsely accused of murder: guilty of worse.
Stolen from the shadow of the noose, Nona is sought by powerful enemies, and for good reason. Despite the security and isolation of the convent her secret and violent past will find her out. Beneath a dying sun that shines upon a crumbling empire, Nona Grey must come to terms with her demons and learn to become a deadly assassin if she is to survive…

Describe Books Conducive To Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor #1)
| Original Title: | Red Sister |
| ISBN: | 1101988851 (ISBN13: 9781101988855) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Book of the Ancestor #1 |
| Literary Awards: | David Gemmell Legend Award Nominee for Best Fantasy Novel (2018), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Fantasy (2017), Reddit r/fantasy Stabby Award for Best Novel (2017), BookNest Award Nominee for Best Traditionally Published Novel (2017) |
Rating Containing Books Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor #1)
Ratings: 4.22 From 34036 Users | 4045 ReviewsCrit Containing Books Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor #1)
Reviewed by: Rabid ReadsFirst of all, b/c I've already been asked numerous times, YES, this is an entirely new trilogy, unrelated to Lawrence's previous works. So if you tried to read PRINCE OF THORNS and DNFed it b/c you couldn't tolerate that little shit of an MC (I've been assured that he gets better around 40%, but I haven't personally made that determination for myself), now's your chance to give Lawrence another shot.Second of all, even after reading through it again when I finished theIf you enjoyed Red Sister then don't forget to tell someone else (or hundreds of someone elses :) ). All authors depend on word of mouth, and it is always appreciated. My first published book *not* in the first person.A new book in the same world (new characters) comes out April 21st 2020: The Girl and the StarsSTOP PRESS! Library Journal gave Red Sister this starred review.In this stunning, action-filled series launch, Lawrence (Broken Empire trilogy) establishes a fantastic world in which
Originally reviewed at Bookwraiths.My rating is 2.5 stars.Red Sister is a novel which has (rightly so, in my opinion) been dubbed the new Harry Potter for young adults. And, without a doubt, it follows the familiar pattern of children growing up and being trained by wise teachers at a specialized school for youth; the narrative fully embracing the whole coming-of-age and Chosen One mythos for good measure. Our main characters unfortunate past and current travails chronicled in excruciating

Well this was a marvellous conglomeration of all that is stabbtastic and bloody. Although, after reading Prince of Thorns, I actually expected this to be darker than it was! I'll try not to be...disappointed (???) about that so you can maintain the illusion that I am a well-adjusted and normal young human creature who doesn't delight in dark epic fantasy.(Okay totally lies. I ADORE dark epic fantasy.)Basically this book has a checklist of all that is awesome: assassin nuns who have no chill will
Full review now up!4/5 "Or burn bright, take up arms, and fight the bitch. This ARC was provided by NetGallery in exchange for an honest review. Release date in Australia is 6th of April 2017I went into Red Sister with apprehension, because I didn't love this authors other series Broken Empire. So automatically knowing this was a YA I thought I'd hate it. However I got it completely wrong, I actually really enjoyed reading this book and it was actually a fantastic coming of age, YA book. I
ARC provided by the publisherHarper Voyagerin exchange for an honest review.4.5/5 starsThe magic of rereading Red Sister strikes a gold mine.Other than a few changes or grammatical fix, I rarely rewrite my full review. However, Red Sister merits one because I loved it so much more than my first read; the quality jumped from great to amazing in my criteria. I was pleasantly surprised by this. I decided to reread Red Sister in order to refresh my memory before I continue with the series, I didnt
ARC provided by Penguin Random House in exchange for an honest review. A book is as dangerous as any journey you might take. The person who closes the back cover may not be the same one that opened the front one. This story surrounds a young girl, given away by her mother and village after a frightful night. Yet, even being given away, our young protagonist, Nona, proves that there will always be room in your heart to love. The children that are given away to be sold are worth as much as what


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.