Specify Books In Favor Of A Dog Year: Twelve Months, Four Dogs, and Me
| Original Title: | A Dog Year: Twelve Months, Four Dogs, and Me |
| ISBN: | 0812966902 (ISBN13: 9780812966909) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Jon Katz
Paperback | Pages: 212 pages Rating: 4.12 | 4884 Users | 320 Reviews
Rendition As Books A Dog Year: Twelve Months, Four Dogs, and Me
Sometimes, change comes on four legs.In his popular and widely praised Running to the Mountain, Jon Katz wrote of the strength and support he found in the massive forms of his two yellow Labrador retrievers, Julius and Stanley. When the Labs were six and seven, a breeder who’d read his book contacted Katz to say she had a dog that was meant for him—a two-year-old border collie named Devon, well bred but high-strung and homeless. Katz already had a full canine complement—but, as he writes, “Change loves me. . . . It comes in all forms. . . . Sometimes, change comes on four legs.” Shortly thereafter he brought Devon home. A Dog Year shows how a man discovered much about himself through one dog (and then another), whose temperament seemed as different from his own as day from night. It is a story of trust and understanding, of life and death, of continuity and change. It is by turns insightful, hilarious, and deeply moving.

Define About Books A Dog Year: Twelve Months, Four Dogs, and Me
| Title | : | A Dog Year: Twelve Months, Four Dogs, and Me |
| Author | : | Jon Katz |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 212 pages |
| Published | : | May 6th 2003 by Random House Trade Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2002) |
| Categories | : | Animals. Nonfiction. Dogs. Autobiography. Memoir |
Rating About Books A Dog Year: Twelve Months, Four Dogs, and Me
Ratings: 4.12 From 4884 Users | 320 ReviewsJudgment About Books A Dog Year: Twelve Months, Four Dogs, and Me
Jon Katz tells a wonderful story in "A Dog Year" about living with his dogs and acquiring a border collie named "Devon" who is slightly out of control. Every dog is different as are humans, but in this novel, getting to know Devon was an experience all in itself. It had me laughing, it had me crying, it had me right from page one! In times like today when life can have so many ups and downs, there is nothing like the companionship of a dog whose gives you love unconditionally. A wonderful storyFirst my criticisms. Sorry, John.Im not sure I could ever ship a dog anywhere in the cargo hold of an airplane. Imagine the confusion, the temperature changes, the noise. No animal should ever go through that.My Jesse came from Puerto Rico as a rescue. Better that than Dead Dog Beach. The rescue team thought he would never be adopted because, when crated, he would spin frantically round and round barking constantly. Its just now that I realize this is plane trauma. When we found him at

I absolutely love Jon Katz! This book was sooooooo good! I laughed out loud, cried aloud (even sobbed). I felt like I was right there with him through his trials and tribualations with his beloved boys ( the labs and border collies).This book is incredible for dog lovers! and apparently it is going to be made into a movie according to the cover. Believe me, i will be first in line to watch it!!!!!I have read "the Dogs of Bedlam Farm" and am now about to start 'A Good Dog". I have no doubt i will
If you love dogs, you will enjoy this lovely little book. Adopting a dog is a responsibility that should never be taken lightly.
Anyone who was a fan of Marley and Me should try one of Jon Katz's books. Katz has a series of books sharing his dog stories is hilarious, beautiful, thought-provoking, and heartbreaking ways.The first of Katz's books that I read was A Dog Year: Twelve Months, Four Dogs, and Me. Katz has two old yellow labs that have grown accustomed to a lazy way of life. A life that Katz himself has grown comfortable with. One day, however, a friend calls Katz and tells him that she found a dog that he should
I thought I would love this book. I didn't. I thought I would identify with the author having had a puppy myself and knowing the trials and tribulations of having a puppy can be. I didn't.I thought his choices were reckless and his two original dogs suffered because of it I did sob in places but had no love for this book.


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.