Sunday, July 12, 2020

Reading Complete Works Books For Free

Reading Complete Works  Books For Free
Complete Works Paperback | Pages: 384 pages
Rating: 4.42 | 8363 Users | 220 Reviews

Itemize About Books Complete Works

Title:Complete Works
Author:Arthur Rimbaud
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 384 pages
Published:April 28th 2000 by Harper Perennial Modern Classics (first published 1870)
Categories:Poetry. Cultural. France. Classics. Literature

Rendition During Books Complete Works

Arthur Rimbaud is remembered as much for his volatile personality and tumultuous life as he is for his writings, most of which he produced before the age of eighteen.

This book brings together his poetry, prose, and letters, including "The Drunken Boat," "The Orphans' New Year," "After the Flood," and "A Season in Hell," considered by many to be his.

'Complete Works' is divided into eight "seasons" - Childhood, The Open Road, War, The Tormented Heart, The Visionary, The Damned Soul, A Few Belated Cowardices, and The Man with the Wind at His Heels - that reflect the facets of Rimbaud's life.

Insightful commentary by translator and editor Paul Schmidt reveals the courage, vision, and imagination of Rimbaud's poetry and sheds light on one of the most enigmatic figures in letters.

Point Books In Pursuance Of Complete Works

Original Title: Œuvres complètes
ISBN: 0060955503 (ISBN13: 9780060955502)
Edition Language: English

Rating About Books Complete Works
Ratings: 4.42 From 8363 Users | 220 Reviews

Article About Books Complete Works
As always remarked, it's remarkable that Rimbaud wrote most of his poetry, almost all of it, in fact, before he was 20 years old, spending the rest of his life traveling the world and selling coffee. Which is even more incredible because he really is an outstanding poet, well ahead of his time and setting the groundwork for Surrealism and symbolism and all kinds of avant-garde crap. The puzzling thing is how, why? But that hardly matters, since we'll never know.As for the poetry, it's brash and

I have very fond memories of finding Rimbaud. I was killing time in one of my favorite small bookstores before I was to meet friends and wound up in front of the poetry shelf on the second floor. His name sounded familiar to me from all my reading on Bob Dylan, and the wonderful movie "I'm Not There" where A.R. is played by Ben Whishaw ("R-I-M-B-A-U-D"), so I picked this volume off the shelf and started reading.An hour later I was still on the floor of the bookstore, late to my appointment, and

Although I'm far than fluent in French, the translation of this volume of Rimbaud's poetry is quite suspicious. Again, to be fair, this is my first reading of the poet's works, apart from a reading of "The Drunken Boat" in a World Literature class, but right from the start the translator engages in a pretension of the worst kind. "This is my Rimbaud", he openly admits, and while such an admission is probably intended to elicit the reader's complicity, the purple prose of the translator grates as

He has cruelly, wildly, savagely, and oh, so beautifullyscratched, ripped off his own flesh, his layersBloody, raw, completely blunt, pure,everything and nothingAll is clear in the violent redIn the blood, in the teeth, in the aggression, in the clawsHe has ripped away all his fleshuntil he reaches his heartAs he writesHe is savagely ripping, biting, tearing apart his very essence, his beating heartHe is dying and livingRipping and panting and breathing and biting There is bloodSo much bloodThe

I discovered Rimbaud in High School, and since then his tormented and garroulous spirit have inspired me and I find myself returning to his prose and poetry often......this is a complete collection of his work, edited by Wyatt Mason; and I still read this like it was new and fresh to me. His words and wording bring up not just images, but an illusion that is immediately recognizable and relatable. This book is divided according to periods of his life, but every piece could stand alone. I find in



I enjoyed this translation, though I like elements of the translation by Wyatt Mason better. If I find the time down the road, I would like to subject them to a more rigorous juxtaposition. I am particularly fond, as always, of "Un Saison en Enfer" and "Illuminations." I also found the letters more enjoyable this time around, particularly the earlier letters about his literary life. The later letters to his family were very sad, highlighting what he describes as a "miserable life." It helped me

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.