Declare Books As Redeeming Love
| Original Title: | Redeeming Love |
| ISBN: | 1590525132 (ISBN13: 9781590525135) |
| Edition Language: | English URL http://francinerivers.com/books/redeeming-love/ |
Francine Rivers
Paperback | Pages: 479 pages Rating: 4.49 | 199653 Users | 11001 Reviews
Narrative Conducive To Books Redeeming Love
California’s gold country, 1850. A time when men sold their souls for a bag of gold and women sold their bodies for a place to sleep.Angel expects nothing from men but betrayal. Sold into prostitution as a child, she survives by keeping her hatred alive. And what she hates most are the men who use her, leaving her empty and dead inside.
Then she meets Michael Hosea. A man who seeks his Father’s heart in everything, Michael Hosea obeys God’s call to marry Angel and to love her unconditionally. Slowly, day by day, he defies Angel’s every bitter expectation until, despite her resistance her frozen heart begins to thaw.
But with her unexpected softening come overwhelming feelings of unworthiness and fear. And so Angel runs. Back to the darkness, away from her husband’s pursuing love, terrified of the truth she can no longer deny: Her final healing must come from the One who loves her even more than Michael Hosea does…the One who will never let her go.
A life-changing story of God’s unconditional, redemptive, all-consuming love.
--back cover

Details Based On Books Redeeming Love
| Title | : | Redeeming Love |
| Author | : | Francine Rivers |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 479 pages |
| Published | : | 2007 by Multnomah (first published 1991) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Romance. European Literature. Italian Literature. Cultural. Japan |
Rating Based On Books Redeeming Love
Ratings: 4.49 From 199653 Users | 11001 ReviewsCriticism Based On Books Redeeming Love
Redemption. This is a story about redemption.I am not a person who is ever at a loss for words. It doesn't happen. Yet as I sit at my computer, wanting to write this review so badly, I am at a loss for words. The beauty and lasting impression this novel makes on the reader is hard to put into words. After reading Redeeming Love, I am emotionally exhausted. I have cried many tears, been angry, hurt, and horrified at the atrocities in this story, and yet have this silly grin on my face when II think the purpose of this book was overshadowed by the very dark subject matter. A lot of people have called this a Christian Romance, I find that very hard to believe. The story is about a young girl sold into prostitution at the age of eight who later is rescued by a man named Michael. The books goes into shocking, disturbing detail of the sad life she led. She runs away from her devoted husband multiple times, which also got old. The whole thing was very depressing and I only continued to
I'm not even going to attempt to review this one because I doubt that I could do it justice. Besides, there's over a thousand reviews of this book on GR (hard to believe--I must have been one of the few people who haven't read this book)! Anyway, it was definitely the best book I've read all year, and probably one of the best books I've EVER read. It was easy to read (the story flowed very smoothly), yet emotionally, it was very difficult to read. Parts of the book just tore me up inside, and I

My 1st Xtian romance & may be my last. Nothing wrong w/ the writing, just not my cuppa. I was raised a baptized & confirmed Catholic who went to Catholic schools, but turned into a semi-atheist (plz don't cast rocks @ me). I still don't feel like converting after reading this book. The romance is above par & told in a smooth style, but I didn't buy the message the author tried to convey & it took some adjustment to see the words 'God' & whatnot popping up way too liberally. I
I'm not even going to attempt to review this one because I doubt that I could do it justice. Besides, there's over a thousand reviews of this book on GR (hard to believe--I must have been one of the few people who haven't read this book)! Anyway, it was definitely the best book I've read all year, and probably one of the best books I've EVER read. It was easy to read (the story flowed very smoothly), yet emotionally, it was very difficult to read. Parts of the book just tore me up inside, and I
This book is incredibly romantic, in that it is a story about a powerful love that brings about happiness in the lives of the couple. It is less romantic in that it is also the story about a couple who must deal with a damaged past, and a damaged soul, and the pain and destruction that that damage can still inflict. It is not the story of an easy love. It is also a story about God's plan. Most Christian books are about people who are Christians. The main characters mostly do good things. This
5 STARS She thought she had been saved by his love for her, and in part she had been. It had cleansed her, never casting blame. But that had been only the beginning. It was loving him in return that had brought her up out of the darkness. Wow. So much to say about this book. And I dont even know where to begin. The emotions incited were overwhelming. My chest still hurts from the feelings I have. I must say, I dont cry often when I read. And when I do, it is more often out of sorrow and pain.


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.